EMUI 12 has started to roll out for Huawei devices in South Africa. This rollout will allow consumers to get the latest software features offered by Huawei EMUI 12 in the country for eligible models.
Huawei rolling out its latest EMUI 12 software for the Huawei device users living in South Africa. This new software comes with a slew of new features, which will be offered to consumers with eligible devices.
Currently, EMUI 12 rollout is taking place for Huawei Nova 7 5G users in South Africa. Thus, you can expect that the Chinese tech maker is ready to deliver EMUI 12 features for South African consumers. According to the Changelog, this software update comes with EMUI 12 version 126.96.36.1996 upgrading from EMUI 10.1.1.292.
As per the latest news, Huawei Nova 7 5G EMUI 12 update comes with a number of new features to enhance your user experience. Below you can check the full changelog along with the latest improvements.
How to update:
To check for this software update, you need to open the Settings menu, tap on System & updates, and open Software updates. Thereafter you can tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES, from here let the phone check for software updates and it’ll be fetched right on your device.
EMUI 12 Changelog:
- Supports more flexible font adjustment, in which you can adjust the font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphic to UI elements. Simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights are used to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make the apps within them easier to access.
Notification Panel and Control Panel:
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the Notifications panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel for shortcuts.
- Adds an audio control area to the control panel to make it easy to switch between different audio devices and apps. Allows you to quickly activate cross-screen cooperation by tapping symbols for Huawei laptops and tablets in the “Device +” area of the control panel.
- Adds a cooperative authentication function between cellphones and laptops, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the screen unlock password for the phone on Huawei laptop when the phone and laptop are connected through cross-screen cooperation are.
Multi-device file management:
- Supports access to documents or pictures on the phone via a laptop without connecting the two devices with a data cable.
- Improves the transfer speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops.