Samsung has started rolling the One UI 2.5 update for the Galaxy A71. The update brings support for Bitmoji stickers on the Always On Display, Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, SOS location-sharing for Messages, and more. In addition to the new features, it comes with the October 2020 security patch.
Samsung has already updated several flagship smartphones including the Galaxy S20 series, Note 10 series. The software version of this update is A715FXXU3ATI8 and weighs 1GB in size.
If you want to check for the update manully, just head into the device Settings > Software Update > Download and install option. You can check the complete changelog below:
– If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
* This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
– When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router.
* The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
– Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
– A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
– Split Keyboard is supported on Landscape mode.
– The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
– Improved the quality and stability of the camera.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
The security of your device has been improved.
Original Article: July 09, 2020
Title: Galaxy A71 is getting the One UI 2.1 with new camera features
Samsung has started rolling out the major One UI 2.1 with many new features, including the camera enhancements. The software version of this update is A715FXXU2ATG1 and the size is around 1750MB. It comes with the June 2020 security patch.
The latest One UI 2.1 comes with My filters, Single take, Night hyperlapse, and Pro Mode. It also includes the Music Share and Quick Share.
To update the version on your device, you will need to have a minimum battery charge of 20%. You may be prompted to update when it’s available, otherwise, system updates can be done over a Wi-Fi connection or with the Software Upgrade Assistant.
To manually check for updates, navigate to Settings > System update. If your system is up-to-date, you don’t need to do anything further. Otherwise, tap Download and install to update your phone.