Fixes for 1 critical and 47 high levels of CVEs rolling out for Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, and S20 FE. These security improvements come alongside the January 2021 security patch. This firmware update is the second Android 11 based update for these devices.
Last month, Samsung started releasing the One UI 3.0 stable update for the Galaxy S20 trio. Moving forward, the company has also kicked off this major update to the Galaxy S20 FE earlier than its schedule. However, the Android 11 update for these phones is now available globally.
- G980FXXS5CTL6/G981BXXS5CTL6 – Samsung Galaxy S20 LTE/5G
- G985FXXS5CTL5/G986BXXS5CTL6 – Samsung Galaxy S20+ LTE/5G
- G988BXXS5CTL6 – Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- G780FXXS1BTL2/G781BXXS1BTL2 – Samsung Galaxy S20 FE LTE/5G
Thanks to the tipsters – Paul and Jonas
The Galaxy S20’s unlocked units have already started getting the latest security patch in the US yesterday. In addition, this security update is currently rolling out in European countries, so it may take some time to arrive on your smartphone.
Talking about the Galaxy S10 series, as we know, Samsung Galaxy Note 10 has started getting the Android 11 update last month. Meanwhile, similar phones such as Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+, and S10 5G are still waiting for the One UI 3.0 software update.
We can expect, the company will soon send the major platform update for Galaxy S10 including the January 2021 security patch.
Here’s how to check for updates manually:
- Swipe down the notification panel and hit on the Settings icon
- Find the Software updates menu then click on it
- Tap on Download and install button.