On February 1st, 2023, the developer releases Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 for Pixel devices, and now just after a week, Google announced the Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3.1 update with February 2023 security patch. This new beta version brings fixes for issues that the users are facing.
The Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 was released with January 2023 patch. Whereas, the Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3.1 has arrived with February 2023 security update. It carries a handful of fixes, and optimizations for your Pixel phones and can be determined via the build version T2B3.230109.004
Coming to the improvements, the Beta 3.1 version update resolves the Bluetooth module issue that could have allowed for possible out-of-bounds writes due to memory corruption. Additionally, the Romanian translation issue which was missing from the system image has also get fixed.
Other than this, you will also notice some common optimizations in your Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7, and Pixel 7 Pro smartphones. On the other side, the Android Beta Feedback app is available on Pixel phones to detail issues.
- Fixed an issue in the system Bluetooth module that could have allowed for possible out-of-bounds writes due to memory corruption.
- Fixed an issue where some Romanian translations were missing from the system image.
Notably, if you’re already enrolled in the Android 13 Beta and your device is running a Beta build, you will automatically receive an over-the-air (OTA) update to Beta 3.1. Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3.1 system images are also available for Pixel devices.
- Pixel 7 Pro: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 7: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6 Pro: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 5a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 5: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4a (5G): Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4a: Factory Image — OTA