Inspired by the aerodynamic sports car layout, the Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design smartphone starts grabbing HarmonyOS September 2021 security update. In addition, the HarmonyOS update has installed a bunch of new optimizations in various interfaces of the phone.
Although we don’t have the installation package size info of the September 2021 security update for Huawei Mate RS, the changelog isn’t simple. It has brought new abilities in the service center, widgets, Celia keyboard, various system scenarios, and more.
According to the information, the Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design is jumping on the HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 version from the 184.108.40.206 with the security release note. Users are recommended to use a strong WiFi connection to download this update with a huge changelog.
Now, it’s time to explore the Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design update log-
- Service Center: In the service center (swipe up from the left or bottom-right edge of the screen to enter), add a scene-based service combination on the “Discover” tab and add it to the desktop to automatically adapt to the service widget and one-click access to similar services.
- Input method: Added quick download icon of Celia keyboard app (click to download and use directly), Celia Keyboard can bring you a simple and safe input experience.
- System: Added size adjustment function for home screen icon (settings) Path: Settings>Home Screen and wallpaper>Home Screen settings, Settings>Icon size)
- Service Widget: Added support for cameras and the gallery app, slide up the app icon to generate a card, you can select the card size, drag to change the position, change the appearance of the home screen.
- System: Optimized removal of the 5G switch shortcut in the shortcut panel (5G switch position: Settings>Mobile network|Network>Mobile data)
- Display: Fix the problem of abnormal display of some home screen icons.
- Security: Integrates into the security patch of Stepmebr 2021 to enhance the security of the mobile phone system
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download. Besides, there are some points to consider before installing this update.
- This update is rolling out in batches, so it may be possible that you haven’t received it yet
- Install the update as soon it reaches your device
- Don’t disturb the update installation process and use a storage WiFi network
- Don’t forget to restart your device once the installation process is complete
- It won’t eases any data, still asn advanced backup for safety precision is recommended
Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design: Specifications
Debuted in 2018, the Mate RS smartphone is framed on a 6 inches touch screen display with 1440×2880 pixel resolution. It comes with a pre-installed HiSilicon Kirin 970 processor and Android 8.1 based EMUI 8 custom skin that has been upgraded on the brand new HarmonyOS operating system.
Moving on to the other capabilities, this smartphone features 6GB RAM, a 40MP rear camera, a 20MP selfie shooter, and 4000mAh battery life. Furthermore, users can also find a bunch of additional features such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, and various sensors including accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, and proximity sensor.