Huawei’s tablet lineup, the Huawei MatePad Pro has been in the topmost and the foremost devices to upgrade to the new HarmonyOS 2.0. These tablets have already received the new version with a whole load of innovative features that Huawei has craved over the past years.
The HM OS 2.0 comes with several new functionalities and capabilities to make users’ life easy and multitasking. Its famous Super Device feature is its highlight which allows users to control more than one device using a single supermodel. Furthermore, it brings a brand new and smoother user interface with more enhanced security.
According to the latest info, the Huawei MatePad Pro which is already running on the HarmonyOS 2.0 is now getting a new update that brings improvements and fixes some known issues that were reported by the users in the initial rollout.
Users can identify the new beta update carrying HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta version 220.127.116.11 upgraded from 18.104.22.168. Below are all the Huawei MatePad Pro models that are receiving the new HarmonyOS 2.0 beta update:
- Huawei MatePad Pro MRX-AL09
- Huawei MatePad Pro MRX-AL19
- Huawei MatePad Pro MRX-W09
- Huawei MatePad Pro MRX-W19
- Huawei MatePad Pro MRX-W29
- Huawei MatePad Pro MRX-W39
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G MRX-AN19
Further, it also adds some new functionalities and optimizes the system software performance. As per the user’s responses, the new beta update improves the overall M-Pen experience, which is now better.
In the first batch of beta testing, Huawei upgraded 18 devices including Mate 40, P40, Mate 30, MatePad Pro series, and Mate X2. Moving on, the company is now expanding the reach of its new OS by adding more devices in the second and third phases of the beta rollout.
Home-screen: Swiping up on the app icon generates a service widget, which can be resized dragged to a new location, or added to your custom home screen.
Control Panel: Swiping down from the upper-right edge of the screen takes you to Control Panel. Device Control access has been added to the shortcut switches panel so that you can control all of your devices with the same ease as navigating on your phone.
Service Center: If you swipe up from the lower left or lower right corner on the screen, the system will lead to the Service Center. This is the place, where all of your collected service widgets are stored and ready to offer access to your desired services.
Smart Folder: HarmonyOS adds support for app categorization and management. By pressing down on a standard folder displays a large folder, which offers direct access to desired apps.
HarmonyOS Fonts: HarmonyOS brings support for step-free font Weight adjustments and adjusts the size of the font itself.
Smart Office: Under this label, HarmonyOS brings you the capability to transfer files on cross-device platforms without requiring a data cable with the power of Huawei Share, which increases the file transfer speed and provides faster and secure file sharing between Huawei smartphones, computers, and tablets.
Smart Home: Offers nimble, intelligent operations on household appliances, such as quickly accessing the phone’s network from the devices, controlling screenless appliances, installation-free apps, and direct service access, which can be accessed by tapping your phone against the selected household appliance, or bringing your phone into the proximity to the appliance.
Seamless Performance: All operations, including touches and swipes, are smoother and more natural, with images and videos loading more quickly as well.
App Guard: The App Guard mode is enabled by default, to ensure that all apps subject deep scans for malicious behavior, security vulnerabilities, privacy risks, and other related behaviors while being installed.
This prevents risky apps from being installed while helping safeguard the secure running environment of the entire system.
Collaborative Security: Add a mobile – Computer collaborative authentication feature and allows you to unlock your phone by entering the phone’s screen unlock password on your Huawei computer when your phone and computer are connected via multi-screen collaboration.
Certifications: The TEE OS security kernel has obtained the CC EAL5+ certification, indicating the highest security level for a global commercial operating system kernel. The HarmonyOS operating system has obtained CC EAL4+ security certification, China’s highest security certification.
Things to remember before upgrading to HarmonyOS 2.0:
- Users are compulsory to download and upgrade to the required EMUI version to receive the beta push.
- During the closed beta test, users are suggested to enable the user experience improvement plan (path: Settings-System and Update-User Experience Improvement Plan) to facilitate the developers to perform system and application analysis, fault diagnosis, etc., and continue to improve the version quality.
- This upgrade will not delete your data, but it is recommended that users take a backup of all of the important data to a PC or the cloud before the update process begins and confirm that the backup content is complete, otherwise it may cause a risk of data loss.
- Some third-party apps may not be compatible with HarmonyOS, the app may not work as usual after the update. It is recommended that you try to update the apps on the latest version from AppGallery.
- After the upgrade process is completed, the phone may heat up, get cold or perform slow charging. This is caused by the self-optimization and adaptation process performed by the system following the upgrade.
- Following the upgrade, rest assured that it will recover by itself after a period of time. It is recommended that you charge for more than 1 hour in your free time. During the charging period, the system will perform optimization to ensure that the mobile application is quickly adapted.
- After the update, the home screen may get unorganized, please adjust it manually.
- This update procedure requires to vacate at least 10GB of free space for the installation package, which will automatically be deleted after the successful installation.