Followed by the Huawei Mate 10 series, the Huawei P20 lineup is now receiving the September 2021 update in China. The changes are identical for both smartphones that have added new security improvements and new feature capabilities.
Speaking about the new HarmonyOS firmware, where one side this update installs the monthly released note in the device, another side it enhances the system performance in terms of Service Center, Widgets, AI Voice, and so on.
As of now, this September 2021 update is only rolling out in China while the global users of Huawei P20 are grabbing July 2021 security fixes. However, the update size isn’t big to catch users’ worry. So let’s take our update log tour.
Huawei P20 Update: Changelog
Users can identify the latest HarmonyOS update with the 220.127.116.11 version that comes with an update size of 645 megabytes. Corresponding to the update size, the changelog explains various new optimization in the devices’ system. Below you can read the full update log and check the new modifications.
- Service Center: In the service center (swipe up from the edge of the left or bottom right corner of the screen to enter), add a scene-based service combination on the “Discovery” tab, and add it to the desktop to automatically adapt to the universal card, and obtain similar services with one click
- Widgets: Added a universal card for portrait clustering (up-slide gallery application icon, which can be added to the desktop), you can rotate the photos of the selected person, click on the avatar to change the person, and click on the photo to jump to the clustering album of the person
- Input Method: Added a quick download icon for the Xiaoyi input method application (click to download and use), Xiaoyi input method can bring you a simple and safe input experience
- AI Voice: Optimize the AI voice function, wake up more sensitively
- System: Care for the elders, optimize basic experiences such as touch and volume and add desktop icon magnification
- Security: Incorporate the September 2021 security patch to enhance the security of the mobile phone system
Download the HarmonyOS September 2021 update through Huawei P20 Settings. Go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download. However, you must remember the following notes.
- This is a staged rollout, it may be possible that you haven’t received it yet
- Install the update as soon it reaches your device.
- Don’t disturb the update installation process and use a storage WiFi network.
- Don’t forget to restart your device once the installation process is complete.
- The user data will be safe during the update process but an advance backup is recommended.