Huawei has released yet another HarmonyOS 2 beta update for the Nova 6 SE and Nova 7 SE devices. It seems that the company is now making the beta testing process a bit faster and gradually moving towards a stable release. Also, global users can finally expect the new HM OS on their devices.
With the second HarmonyOS 2 beta update, the Nova 7 SE and Nova 6 SE are getting a bunch of improvements and fixes that were recorded in the initial beta build. The select beta testers can now upgrade their smartphones to the latest HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 version.
Join us on Telegram
The new beta builds promises optimizations for Wi-Fi connection stability and fixes the bug in the Contacts app that was not working accurately. Furthermore, it also solves the issue of the lock screen wallpaper. Other than these sorts of improvements and fixes there isn’t anything else known to the part of the new beta update. Below are the adapted models:
- Huawei Nova 6 SE
- Huawei Nova 7 SE
- Huawei Nova 7 SE Lohas Edition
HarmonyOS 2 stable status
Huawei has released the first stable build of the HarmonyOS 2 for its 18 topmost devices including the Huawei Mate 40, Mate 30, P40, Mate X, and MatPad Pro devices. With this, the Chinese OEM has started the stable rollout and soon more smartphones will join.
Similarly, the Nova series phones that are already testing beta including the Nova 6 SE and Nova 7 SE will too soon get the stable build.
Things to remember before update
- Users are compulsory to download and upgrade to the required EMUI version to receive the beta push.
- During the closed beta test, users are suggested to enable the user experience improvement plan (path: Settings-System and Update-User Experience Improvement Plan) to facilitate the developers to perform system and application analysis, fault diagnosis, etc., and continue to improve the version quality.
- This upgrade will not delete your data, but it is recommended that users take a backup of all of the important data to a PC or the cloud before the update process begins and confirm that the backup content is complete, otherwise it may cause a risk of data loss.
- Some third-party apps may not be compatible with HarmonyOS, the app may not work as usual after the update. It is recommended that you try to update the apps on the latest version from AppGallery.
- After the upgrade process is completed, the phone may heat up, get cold or perform slow charging. This is caused by the self-optimization and adaptation process performed by the system following the upgrade.
- Following the upgrade, rest assured that it will recover by itself after a period of time. It is recommended that you charge for more than 1 hour in your free time. During the charging period, the system will perform optimization to ensure that the mobile application is quickly adapted.
- After the update, the home screen may get unorganized, please adjust it manually.
- This update procedure requires to vacate at least 10GB of free space for the installation package, which will automatically be deleted after the successful installation.