This firmware update brings June 2021 security patch to improve the device’s security and brings stability for a better user interface. Besides these few security improvements, there aren’t any other changes or new features mentioned in the changelog.
The Huawei 10S and 10e users can identify the latest update with the following software versions:
- Huawei Enjoy 10S – EMUI 10.1 version 10.1.0.170 upgraded from 10.1.0.169
- Huawei Enjoy 10e – EMUI 10.1 version 10.1.0.188 upgraded from 10.1.0.187
Huawei is rapidly expanding the reach of HarmonyOS 2.0 and even updated its goal of upgrading 300 million devices to 360 million. As for the Huawei 10S users, the fifth batch of HM OS beta testing for this device will begin at the start of August.
The HarmonyOS 2.0 is Huawei’s self-developed operating system that features a brand new home screen service widgets, control panel, and much more. It has a unique Super Device functionality that lets users operate a bunch of devices using a single supermodel.
Things to remember before you update
- Take a backup of your important data to avoid any kind of data loss.
- Use a stable connection to prevent buffering while downloading the package.
- Be patient till the update is finished installing, do not turn off the device forcefully
How to check for update?
- You can update your device via Settings
- Then navigate to System & updates >> Software updates >> Check for updates
- Lastly (If the update appears) then click on Download and install
- After installation restarts the device to optimize the applications
Via Support app:
- This is an alternate method to download the update on Huawei devices through the Support app
- For that go to Service tab >> Update >> Download and install >> and then finally Install