Now, according to the information, the company began sending a new firmware update for MatePad 10.8. This update improves system security by installing the latest security patch released in January 2021.
Apart from this, Huawei is currently rolling out its latest EMUI 11 OS for eligible devices. The EMUI 11 major upgrade brings a bunch of new and exciting features such as improved always-on display, smoother animations, multi-screen collaboration, super notepad, and more.
- The latest update can be identified via the EMUI 11 version 184.108.40.206 updated from version 220.127.116.11.
- Security: Integrates Android security patches released in January 2021 for improved system security.
- January 2021 Security Patch Details: Installs security fixes for different levels of exploits and issues within Huawei phones including 4 critical, 1 medium, and 25 high levels of CVEs.
In July last year, Huawei released a new MatePad series of tablets, namely Huawei MatePad 10.8 powered by Kirin 990. It brings a 10.8-inch display with 2K QHD resolution, a 7500mAh battery, and more.
The MatePad 10.8 was initially released together with EMUI 10.1 and supports multi-screen collaboration, multi-tasking, and smarter functions. In addition, this device can also install the latest custom operating system EMUI 11.
How to update:
Download via Settings:
Open Settings > then click on System & updates. After opening a Software update, tap on Check for updates option. If the update is available to download then click Download and install. And after installation Reboot the device.
Download via Support app:
Open the Support app on your device and then go to the Service tab. Click on the Update button and then tap on Check for update option. If the update is available then click on Download and install. After installation Reboot the device.
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- EMUI version and size may vary.
- Maintain enough battery and storage on your device.