On March 16, at the New Product Spring Conference 2022 in China, Huawei unveiled the first E Ink display tablet – Huawei MatePad Paper and now upgrading its software system by rolling out the first update.
As per the info. Huawei MatePad Paper tablet’s first software update comes with HarmonyOS build number 188.8.131.52, which is updated from version 184.108.40.206. At the moment, this update is released for the Chinese variant and soon be available for the global model.
It installs the security improvements released in March 2022 that protect the device against threats and boosted system privacy. As it fixes common vulnerabilities and threats found in the latest software system.
The first update carries a big list of changes and optimizations to increase the user experience. So, are excited to know what’s new with the latest update?
The update also added tools to taking notes and shorthand as well as voice-to-text conversion function. Further, the update optimizes the note-taking experience, Celia Keyboard recognitions rate, and display effect in some scenarios.
How to update:
To manually download this update via mobile Settings– open Settings > click on the System & updates > open Software update > tap on Check for updates option > (if an update is available) click on Download and install > after installation, restart the device.
Alternatively, you can download it via My Huawei App – open My Huawei app on your device > Go to Update section > Follow on-screen instructions > click on Download and install > after installation reboot the device.
- Stylus: Added the function of taking notes and shorthand. After the screen is bright, tap the blank area at the top of the lock screen with a pen to enter the shorthand.
- Notes: Added a voice-to-text function, which converts the recording content into text and presents it in the
- Notes: Optimizes the user experience of the note scene in the notes
- Celia Keyboard: Optimizes the handwriting recognition rate of Celia’s Keyboard input method
- Display: Optimizes the display effect of some interfaces
- Security: Incorporate the March 2022 security patch to enhance the system security