Huawei is speeding up its May 2021 update rollout as more devices are now receiving this security patch. According to the latest info, Huawei Nova 7 5G and Nova 7 Vitality Edition phones are receiving May 2021 security updates for improved system security and device stability.
Users can identify the latest firmware with the version number EMUI 10.1 version 10.1.1.213 for Nova 7 5G, upgraded from EMUI 10.1.1.212. While the Vitality Edition is upgraded to EMUI version 10.1.1.166 from 10.1.165 in China.
Join us on Telegram
Besides some sorts of security improvements, the update does not bring any added features or functionalities for the devices. It’s rolling out in batches, so it may arrive at different time intervals for different Nova 7 devices. It is recommended to maintain enough amount of battery life before updating.
HarmonyOS 2.0 for Nova 7 devices
Besides the security improvements, Huawei is also rolling out the new HarmonyOS 2.0 for eligible Huawei users. The Nova 7 and Nova 7 Vitality Edition both are currently under public beta testing. However, the testing is limited to Chinese users, though it is soon expected to expand internationally as well.
Even the Chinese tech giant has released the first stable version of the HarmonyOS 2.0 for its topmost 18 devices including Huawei Mate 40, Mate 30, P40, Mate X2, MatePad Pro, and more. Soon more devices will join the stable version.
How to check for updates?
- You can update your device via Settings
- Then navigate to System & updates >> Software updates >> Check for updates
- Lastly (If the update appears) then click on Download and install
- After installation restarts the device to optimize the applications
Via Support app:
- This is an alternate method to download the update on Huawei devices through Support app
- For that go to Service tab > Update > Download and install > and then finally Install