Finally, the October 2021 security patch for Huawei MediaPad M6 tablets has reached the other regions outside China. To be mentioned, the MediaPad M6 didn’t release in the global markets, but few models are available that had imported from Mainland.
As per the upgrade policy, Huawei sends regular updates and new features for the tablets. However, the HarmonyOS software has some international licensing issues that are causing the delay as compared to Chinese models.
Besides, the Chinese firm is working to solve the problem that will synchronize the timeline of the global and native rollout. Until then, there might be some gap in the international release.
According to the information of HuaweiBlog, the Huawei MediaPad M6 is grabbing October 2021 security patch for the VRD-AL09 models of 8.4 inches. This update comes with the HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 (C00E160R1P160) assigned on the 195MB of installation size.
Now speaking about the changelog, it describes the various security fixes and system enhancements. After installing this firmware, users will find a smooth performance of the lock screen display, service widgets, Bluetooth compatibility, and system. Let’s check the update log-
List of Changes
This update improves the appearance of the lock screen and the user experience with service widgets.
- Improves the display of the lock screen.
- Improves the user experience with service widgets.
- Improves system compatibility with some Bluetooth headsets.
(Image Source: Huawei Blog)
The Huawei MediaPad M6 users can download the October 2021 security patch in two ways. More precisely, users have to either use the system settings or request at the My Huawei App (former name Support App). In addition, there are a few points that need to remember, check below.
- This update does not delete your personal data. However, we recommend that you back up all important data before the update
- The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete
- If you run into problems during the update, visit the My Huawei app or call the Huawei customer service
- Check the battery as well as storage before upgrading the tablet
- Don’t disturb the update installation process and use a storage WiFi network.