According to the latest info, Huawei P20 Lite is getting the latest update identified with EMUI 9.1 version 184.108.40.2061 (C432E7R1P7) in Europe. Other than any added feature, this update is limited to installing the May 2021 security patch for improved system security.
Huawei P20 Lite was launched back in 2018 as the Lite version of the flagship P20 lineup. It still provides a good experience to the users with its features such as Kirin 659 and many others. Considered as the mid-range phone, the P20 Lite cam with EMUI software and soon it will get the new HarmonyOS 2.0.
Join us on Telegram
Coming back to May 2021 update, besides the security improvements, this firmware does not add any new feature or functionality to the device. But further, it enhances the system performance by fixing different levels of exploitation and issues.
If the update has arrived on your device via OTA, then it is recommended to install it with maintaining at least a 50% battery on your device. Also, connect to a stable internet connection and also have enough storage available on your device. Check the download steps below.
Security: Integrates the Android security patch released in May 2021.
May 2021 security patch details: This security update fixes different levels of exploits and issues including 3 critical, 10 high, and 4 medium levels of CVE for improved system security.
How to check for updates?
- You can update your device via Settings
- Then navigate to System & updates >> Software updates >> Check for updates
- Lastly (If the update appears) then click on Download and install
- After installation restarts the device to optimize the applications
Via Support app:
- This is an alternate method to download the update on Huawei devices through Support app
- For that go to Service tab > Update > Download and install > and then finally Install
Tip Spot (Have any suggestions? send us on contacts below)