All these above-mentioned features and support were rolled out with the April 2021 security update, while the P30 Lite users also received May 2021 update that just brought the security improvements and nothing else.
However, some of the Huawei P30 Lite users just got May 2021 security patch, while they were waiting for Celia’s support, added apps shortcuts for quick downloads.
Identified with the EMUI version 10.0.0.470 (C431E14R2P7) for P30 Lite users, this software update carries the download package of around 463MB. Check the full detailed changelogs for April and May 2021 below.
Update Package 1:
- AI Voice: Added AI Voice assistant, say “Hello Celia” to activate it.
- Apps: Added the quick download icon for Petal Map, Petal Search, Books, Member Center, Link Now app.
- Security: Integrates the Android security patch released in April 2021.
Update Package 2:
- Security: Integrates the Android security patch released in May 2021.
According to Huawei, the security update fixes different levels of exploits and issues including 3 critical, 10 high, and 4 medium levels of CVE for improved system security and device stability.
Things to remember:
- This is a staged rollout and may take some time to reach your device
- EMUI version and the update size may vary
- Make sure to maintain enough battery on your device
How to check for updates?
- You can update your device via Settings, then navigate to System & updates >> Software updates >> Check for updates
- Lastly (If the update appears) then click on Download and install. After installation restarts the device to optimize the applications
Via Support app:
- This is an alternate method to download the update on Huawei devices through Support app
- For that go to Service tab > Update > Download and install > and then finally Install