After the initial rollout of the May 2021 security update for the P40 phones, Huawei is now expanding its reach in more markets internationally. The company has started releasing these improvements in Europe a week ago. As per Huawei, the May 2021 patch fixes 3 critical, 10 high, and 4 medium levels of CVEs.
Join us on Telegram
Furthermore, this update turns out to be quite essential for smartphones as it carries improvements for 13 hidden privacy issues. Besides this, there aren’t any major changes recorded in the changelog. Check the adapting models below:
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei P40 Pro+
The P40 series owners can check out the latest version on their device as EMUI version 126.96.36.199 (C636E5R4P3). And this firmware carries an update size of around 299MB. If arrived then you can check the download steps below.
The update is rolling out in batches, so it may take some time to reach your device. To be mentioned, before installing the update, you must get a backup of your important data and keep the battery at least 50%.
How to check for updates?
- You can update your device via Settings
- Then navigate to System & updates >> Software updates >> Check for updates
- Lastly (If the update appears) then click on Download and install
- After installation restarts the device to optimize the applications
Via Support app:
- This is an alternate method to download the update on Huawei devices through the Support app
- For that go to Service tab >> Update >> Download and install >> and then finally Install
Tip Spot (Have any suggestions? send us on contacts below)