Apple has been continuously releasing new updates after the iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 and the company has seeded updates till iOS 14.3/ iPadOS 14.3 the public beta testers. The preparations are on the way for iOS 14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 that are going to be released in the coming days, although the actual release date for this version is not known.
As per the latest info, Apple has recently released the RC (Release Candidate) version of the upcoming iOS 14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 update. It can be downloaded on the eligible iPhones and iPad on the Apple Developer Center or after installing a proper profile over the air.
The new update is aimed to bring several new changes and features including new visual effects for the U1 chip-enabled iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 when the audio or songs are transferred from HomePod mini.
Furthermore, it also brings new changes to the workout section of the Apple Watch such as the ‘Time to walk’ feature which includes the ‘Add Newest workout to Watch’ toggle. In addition, it also includes a setting that specifies the type of third party Bluetooth device connected, which helps the device to take accurate measurements. Below you can check the complete release note of the update.
iOS 14.4 RC version Changelog:
iOS 14.4 includes the following improvements for your iPhone:
- Smaller QR codes can be recognized by Camera
- Option to classify Bluetooth device type in Settings for correct identification of headphones for audio notifications
- Notifications for when the camera on your iPhone is unable to be verified as a new, genuine Apple camera in iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max
This release also fixes the following issues:
- Image artifacts could appear in HDR photos taken with iPhone 12 Pro
- Fitness widget may not display updated Activity data
- Typing may be delayed and word suggestions may not appear in the keyboard
- The keyboard may not come up in the correct language in Messages
- Audio stories from the News app in CarPlay may not resume after being paused for spoken directions or Siri
- Enabling Switch Control in Accessibility may prevent phone calls from being answered from the Lock Screen
macOS BigSur 11.2 RC version
Alongside the iOS 14.4/iPadOS 14.4 RC version, Apple also seeded the macOS BigSur 11.2 RC version to developers and public beta testers for testing purposes. It can be downloaded by going in the System Preferences after installing the proper profile from the Apple Developer Center.
As per the changelog, this update comes with several bug fixes along with improvements in Bluetooth reliability. Below you can check the full release note of the macOS BigSur 11.2.
macOS Big Sur 11.2 improves Bluetooth reliability and fixes the following issues:
- External displays may show a black screen when connected to a Mac mini (M1, 2020) using an HDMI to DVI converter
- Edits to Apple ProRAW photos in the Photos app may not save
- iCloud Drive could turn off after disabling the iCloud Drive Desktop & Documents Folders option
- System Preferences may not unlock when entering your administrator password
- Globe key may not display the Emoji & Symbols pane when pressed