SEPTEMBER 23, 2021
- Scanner Permission Error Fixed in macOS 11.6
Apple stated that permission-related errors that occurred when using the scanner on the Mac have been fixed in macOS 11.6.
According to Apple, users may encounter errors in the printer and scanner portions of the image capture application, preview application, or system preferences.
Apple said that when users try to use the scanner on a Mac computer, they may receive an error message stating that they do not have permission to open the application. This error message indicates that you need to contact the computer or network administrator for help, or that the Mac cannot open the connection to the device.
For users who choose not to update to macOS 11.6 at this time, Apple has shared instructions on how to temporarily solve the problem (via MacRumors):
- Quit any apps that are open.
- From the menu bar in the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/Image Capture/Devices, then press Return.
- In the window that opens, double-click the app named in the error message. It’s the name of your scanner driver. Nothing should happen when you open it.
- Close the window and open the app you were using to scan. A new scan should proceed normally. If you later choose to scan from a different app and get the same error, repeat these steps.
The scanner error has also been fixed in the latest macOS Monterey beta.
SEPTEMBER 21, 2021
- watchOS 8 is here
Along with the iOS 15, Apple has started rolling out the new watchOS 8 for its Apple Watch users. Apple announced the watchOS 8 at Apple’s WWDC event in June 2021. Since then, Apple has released public betas of the new watchOS 8 until now.