Xiaomi has re-released the stable MIUI 12 update for Redmi Note 9 globally. At the end of last month, this device received the MIUI 12 update but it was rolled back due to some unknown issues.
There are no new major changes or additions noted over the previous update. However, we expect that the bugs or issues that caused Xiaomi to pull the update in the first place have been fixed.
READ MORE: Xiaomi MIUI 12 Update Tracker: These Redmi, Mi and Poco devices have received the update so far
Join our Xiaomi channel on Telegram:
MIUI 12 stable update brings a number of new features such as new visual design, new animations, dynamic display, enhanced privacy, new camera features, and many more for better user experience.
This update also optimizes the control center, press and hold redirection options, Pro mode parameter, fixes some known issues, and more.
The software version of this update is 18.104.22.168.QJOMIXM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 9. Below you can check the complete changelog and download link to install the latest update.
XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 9 CHANGELOG:
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- New: When Notification shade is open, swipe down from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: MIUI 11 custom toggle order is preserved after updating to MIUI 12
- Fix: Some toggles disappeared from Control center in the editing mode
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
- Optimization: Full screen gestures are now ignored on the Lock screen alarm page
- Fix: Home screen went black and started flashing after unlocking in some cases
- Fix: Noise could be heard when the screen was turned off in some cases
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2020. Increased system security.
- Fix: Custom signature didn’t appear on the Lock screen
- Status bar, Notification shade
- New: Screen lights up with an animation now
- New: Status bar color gradient animation
- New: App drawer allows you to keep your Home screen neat and categorizes apps so you can find them faster.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
*If you’ve something to share, send us on [email protected]