September 21, 2020:
Xiaomi is rolling out MIUI 12 update for the Mi 8 Lite globally. It brings a set of new features and improvements for better device performance.
The software version of this update is MIUI 188.8.131.52.QDTMIXM upgrading from MIUI 11-based version 184.108.40.206.QDTMIXM for Global variants of Mi 8 Lite. You can download the latest update from the link mentioned below.
September 12, 2020:
Xiaomi is expanding the stable MIUI 12 update for Mi 8 Lite users in Russia. It comes with the software version of V220.127.116.11.QDTRUXM and it is based on Android 10. You can download the update from the link mentioned below.
August 03, 2020:
Latest software MIUI 12 is rolling out for many of Xiaomi smartphones in different regions. Now, the company has begun to rollout the stable MIUI 12 update for the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite in China, which brings a set of new features and some improvement.
READ MORE: Xiaomi MIUI 12 Update Tracker: These Redmi, Mi and Poco devices have received the update so far
MIUI 12 stable update brings a number of new features such as new visual design, new animations, Dark Mode, Notes, new camera features, and many more for better user experience.
This update also optimizes the control center, press and hold redirection options, Pro mode parameter, fixes some known issues, and more.
The software version of this update for the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite is V18.104.22.168.QDTCNXM upgrading from MIUI 11-based V22.214.171.124.QDTCNXM. We recommended this device users to download the latest version software to enjoy new features.
XIAOMI MI 8 LITE MIUI 12 CHANGELOG:
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Reset your device ID and control how it’s used based on virtual ID technology.
- New: Grant permissions that will be used only while you’re using an app.
- New: You can also grant permissions just once, and decide again next time a permission is required.
- New: Restrict access to telephony to third party apps.
- New: Return blank messages to the apps that require personal information.
- New: Receive notifications whenever apps record audio, use camera, or access your location.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Get comprehensive stats on how apps use permissions in app behavior history.
- New: Visit privacy.miui.com to learn how MIUI protects your privacy.
- Optimization: Apps aren’t allowed to launch other apps in the background now.
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
- New: You can open an app in a floating window directly from Recents.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
AI Call Assistant
- New: Mi AI can answer your calls now!
- New: You can record a customized greeting that will be played to the other person during AI calls.
- New: Customized greetings are also supported for outgoing calls.
- New: All-new Xiaomi Health gives you more options and makes your health stats more accurate.
- New: Put your device next to you before falling asleep to analyze your sleep cycle and record talking and snoring.
- New: You can sync data with supported wearable and smart home devices.
- New: Xiaomi Health can remind you to stand up and move when it detects that you’ve been sitting down for too long.
- New: The app also analyzes your stats and gives you simple health advice.
- New: Our new low-power consumption AI algorithm allows you to count steps and track workouts whenever your device is with you.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- New: Mi Ditto combines dictation and speech output, making mobile devices more convenient for people who have difficulties using conventionally designed smartphones.
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Font weight is adjusted to Dark mode as well, reducing blur and glare.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: Traffic and suggested routes to airports and train stations.
- New: You can track your previous trips now.
- New: Checklists for trips.
- New: Alarms for train arrivals.
Mi Carrier Services
- New: View your SIM balance and mobile data usage stats.
- New: Save frequently used phone numbers to top up balance and buy mobile data later.
- New: Buy SIM cards and services.
- Updated Android Security Patch to July 2020. Increased system security.
- New: Promotional messages are grouped according to their content now.
Status bar, Notification shade
- New: All-new design.
- New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
- New: We’ve added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: Gravitational animations make returning to Home screen look seamless and natural.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: New full screen gestures for switching between apps are available.
- New: Use the floating shortcut to filter and sort items, as well as switch view.
- New: New layout tailored for landscape orientation is available now.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Keep your home safe with smart home device alerts.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- New: Shared family storage plan is available now.
- Some features might not be available on this device. Visit www.miui.com to learn more about MIUI 12.
Join our Xiaomi channel on Telegram:
*If you’ve something to share, send us on [email protected]