It optimizes the full-screen gesture, system animations, Control center layout, Dark mode brightness as well as brings new shortcuts to open the control center and notification shade.
This update also improves system security by installing the latest Android patch released in December 2020. It fixes the Control center issue that wasn’t always displayed correctly in landscape mode.
Below you can check the updated software version, changelog, and download links of this update.
Updates Software Version
- Redmi 8A – V22.214.171.124.QCPEUXM (1.8GB)
- Redmi 8A – V126.96.36.199.QCPCNXM (2.0GB)
- Optimization: Full screen gestures are now ignored on the Lock screen alarm page
- Updated Android Security Patch to December 2020. Increased system security.
- Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Control center layout in landscape mode
- Fix: Control center wasn’t always displayed correctly in landscape mode
- Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
Status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Notification shade wasn’t displayed correctly in Dark mode