Xiaomi is constantly working to add some new features and changes with the development of the MIUI 12 beta updates. As we know that the company already completed MIUI 12 update rollout for the first and the second batch.
Join our Xiaomi channel on Telegram:
The MIUI 12 update rollout also started for the third batch devices. Earlier, we reported that all remaining Xiaomi devices that could support the MIUI 12 expected to get it by the end of October.
Recently, OEM released the MIUI 12 beta update, which comes with a 20.9.29 version. It brings a bundle of new features and improvements to enhance the user experience.
This update added the in-app search module, web ad filtering, and malicious pop-ups in some scenarios. It also optimizes the Bookmark function, search functions as well as fixes the known issues. Below you can check the changelog of the MIUI 12 beta 20.9.29 version.
MIUI 12 beta 20.9.29 version changelog:
- Optimization: Bookmark function to solve the problem of page jam and invalid search.
- New: Memory usage.
- New: Web ad filtering and malicious pop-ups in some scenarios.
- New: In-app search module to reduce the complicated operation of APP switching, and the operation is in place in one step.
- New: Home page function control buttons to customize your personalized home page.
- Optimization: Fix known issues and optimize user experience
- Optimization: Search results are smarter and richer, providing you with the most comprehensive native search results.
The latest MIUI 12 beta update suspended for Redmi Note 7 due to a bug that prevents the device from booting after updating with the latest beta. Xiaomi MIUI 12 closed and public beta development to remain suspended between September 30 to October 12 because of the National Day 2020 holidays in China.
The development of MIUI 12 has been suspended only in China but the global market will also suffer a huge loss as the Xiaomi offers all major updates first in the home country.