According to the info, the tech giant released the latest major platform upgrade for the Redmi Note 7 Pro based on Android 10, which is the latest version of Xiaomi’s custom skin MIUI is MIUI 12.5. The new version comes with a set of new features to enhance the users’ experience and device performance.
Identified via OTA build version – V184.108.40.206.QFHCNXM, the Redmi Note 7 Pro Android 10 based MIUI 12.5 update is making its way to the Chinese market. In addition, it installs the latest security patch for better device security.
However, it is an initial rollout, it may take some time to be available globally. Meanwhile, if you own a Redmi Note 7 Pro device, check for the update manually by following the steps below.
Before you update your device to the latest version, we recommend you take a backup for your important data and use a stable internet connection to download the update. Do not forcefully turn off the smartphones once the installation is started.
What’s new with MIUI 12.5 update
MIUI 12.5 comes with the support of Android gesture Turbo which provides an extremely fast response in the system and upgraded its computing power. It also brings system animation design, new light Cone dynamic effect architecture, System sound design, hundreds of global biological sounds, new snow mountain super wallpaper, and more.
- MIUI 12.5. Yours alone.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- New: A new animation framework renders movement more realistically.
- New: New UI design is focused on visualization and making your interaction with the device more lifelike.
- New: Nature mix is a new exciting way of creating your own notification sound system.
- New: Hundreds of system sounds that represent animals from all around the world.
- New: Stereo system sounds.
- New: Now you can see what apps access your clipboard and control access.
- New: Using approximate location adds up points to privacy protection.
- New: You can now manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently.
- New: The behavior of web pages is also tracked now, which helps you to block unwanted and malicious actions.
- New: Now it’s up to you who and when can track your online behavior.
- New: All apps now come with a security statement from GetApps.
- New: Privacy risk scanner.
- New: Control which apps access and delete items from your Gallery.
- New: A comprehensive overview of all sensitive permissions.
- New: You’ll be notified whenever high-risk permissions are used and will be able to block the corresponding actions.
- Optimization: An all-new privacy protection page.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts make bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
- New: A more convenient way to move a cursor using the scrollbar.
- New: Function buttons support switching between languages and keyboards.
- New: You can press and hold the function buttons to access more features.
- New: Custom themes for keyboards.
- New: Font weight adjustment options for third party fonts.
- Optimization: Personalization features for system wallpapers, animations, and sounds.
- New: Wallpaper customization in the lite mode.
- Optimization: Redesigned Incognito mode.
- Optimization: Pages load much faster now.
How to update:
- Open device Settings >> About phone >> tap on MIUI version >> Check for updates.
Note: We do not recommend flashing ROM if you have little to no experience in software development or flashing custom ROMs. Proceed at your own RISK!