Xiaomi is releasing the latest MIUI 12 update for Global variants of Mi 8. As usual, this update comes with a bundle of new features and optimizations to enhance the device performance.
READ MORE: Xiaomi MIUI 12 Update Tracker: These Redmi, Mi and Poco devices have received the update so far
Join our Xiaomi channel on Telegram:
MIUI 12 update for Mi 8 brings a new mode for scanning documents and allows users to open Notification shade by swiping down from the upper left corner. It optimizes the control center layout in landscape mode.
This update also fixes some issues related to Super wallpaper, Dark mode, System, Phone, Lock screen, Status bar, and Notification shade. It installs the latest Android patches released in September 2020.
The firmware version of this update is V220.127.116.11.QEAMIXM and an updated size of 2.1GB for Global variants. You can also check the download link and changelog mentioned below.
Caution: We do not recommend flashing ROM if you have little to no experience in software development or flashing custom ROMs. Proceed at your own RISK!
Mi 8 MIUI 12 update changelog:
- Fix: Status bar colors weren’t displayed correctly in the Dark mode
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: Control center layout in landscape mode
- Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
- Fix: Home screen went black and started flashing after unlocking in some cases
- Updated Android Security Patch to September 2020. Increased system security.
- Fix: UI elements for accepting calls weren’t displayed in some cases
- Fix: Custom signature didn’t appear on the Lock screen
Status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Status bar wasn’t displayed correctly with color inversion
- New: A new mode for scanning documents