Xiaomi is currently releasing its Android 12-based MIUI 13 update to its eligible devices. In the meantime, Xiaomi is also started developing its upcoming MIUI 13.5 features with the current MIUI 13 beta updates.
Xiaomi’s upcoming MIUI 13.5 update will come with tons of new features, new Sidebar, Widgets, wallpapers, and more. This new update can provide users with a new user experience.
To be mentioned when MIUI 13 was introduced, it was an interface that attracted the attention of users. Now it’s time for the MIUI 13.5 interface. MIUI 13.5 features are being developed in MIUI 13 beta updates.
MIUI 13.5 Features
With the new MIUI 13.5, you will see that the interface is much more useful for one-handed use. One-handed operation is really important and one of the elements that users pay attention to. Why should your hand hurt when using a device? Therefore, one of the elements that users pay attention to is one-handed use. Accordingly, they make their choices.
Xiaomi MIUI 13.5 Features List
UPDATE 3: June 21 (23:54 ET) – Gets new features with MIUI 22.6.17 version
- Redesigned permission pop-up
- New widgets menu icon
- Can’t record audio in incognito mode
- Smart Devises Additional Cards
- Redesigned APK Installer Buttons
- Redesigned Launcher Settings Menu
- The Memory Extension is also shown in the memory status in the recent view
- New Bubble Notification Feature was added in the Floating Windows Section (Currently for tablets and Foldables Only)
UPDATE 2: May 15 (23:08 ET) – Gets new features with MIUI 22.5.16 version
- Redesigned NFC Menu.
- Battery Health Status Feature has been removed.
- New Tablet Screen Settings and Fold Screen Settings Menu.
- Navigation Bar Position Settings.
- Smart Battery Remaining Time.
UPDATE 1: March 29 (06:21 ET)
The location of the system windows has been changed
- Some system windows that appear on the screen are placed in the middle. We mentioned that users attach great importance to one-handed use. Accordingly, Xiaomi placed some system windows that appear on the screen in the middle. Thanks to this, you can conveniently control the system windows without having to touch the top of the screen. It focuses on providing an excellent experience for users.
Screen refresh rate menu redesigned
- On some models, such as Xiaomi CIVI, the screen refresh rate menu has been renewed. This renewed menu looks much better than the previous one. But unfortunately, this kind of change has occurred on certain devices. This does not apply to all devices.
Changed the appearance of apps in floating window mode in the recent apps menu
- This is how apps in floating window mode now appear in the recent apps menu. Before this change, there were some problems with the recent app menu. Those problems have been fixed.
- With the new MIUI 13.5, you will encounter some changes in the camera interface. Although these changes are not significant changes, they are made for you to have the best experience. Here are some changes to the camera interface!
Main screen modes font is smaller now
- The modes of the camera interface are now smaller. Obviously, although this is not a significant change, it has been made to make the interface look nicer. Xiaomi cares about the design of the interface. So it’s normal to see some of these changes.
Zoom buttons redesigned
- The previous zoom buttons are indicated by dots, while the new zoom buttons show the zoom scales circled. Although it is a small change, a more beautiful design has been made compared to the previous one.
Zoom interface renewed
- Zoom interface has been renewed. One-handed operation is facilitated by placing the zoom levels at the bottom. Users will be able to zoom in easily thanks to the new zoom interface. This design is nicer than before, albeit a small change for change.
One of the button functions has been renamed
- Changed the name of one of the functions of the volume buttons. While the name of the function was “Shutter Countdown” in the previous version, the name of the function is called “Timer (2s)” with the new update. Was such a change really necessary? Honestly, we don’t know the answer to that. But we wanted to tell you about this change.
MIUI 13 Beta 22.5.6 Added Features
- Adding New Shortcuts to the Sidebar Menu
- See What’s Filling Up System Storage
- Reset Apps Function
- Permission Pop-Up Redesign
- Low Battery Pop-Up Redesign
- Get Apps Pop-Up Redesign
- Permission Indicators Redesign
- Set Default Screen Redesign
- Option to allow high-speed bluetooth transfers
MIUI 13 Beta 22.4.27 Added Features
- NFC Icon on Status Bar
MIUI 13 Beta 22.4.26 Added Features
- New Launcher Animation Speed Option
- Minimal Speed Type
- Balanced Speed Type
- Elegance Speed Type
- New animation for pop-up windows.
- New Gallery App UI Improvements
- Screen on time is return!
- New Control Panel thumbnails added to settings
- 15 days view on Weather app
- New Gallery Filters
- New Scanner UI
- Settings design improvements
- Minor Camera Design Improvements
MIUI 13 Beta 22.4.11 Added Features
- Option to disable take screenshots with keys
- New Notes App UI