Back in May 2020, Huawei officially launched new flagship in P-series, Huawei P40 Lite. The phone comes with a hole-punch display, quad rear camera, 7nm Kirin 810 processor, Android 10, 40W superfast charging, and more.
In addition to this, the P40 Lite comes pre-installed with EMUI 10, and the device further received a major update to EMUI 10.1. However, this device is eligible to run on EMUI 11, but the official confirmation is still waiting.
Now, the company has begun to rollout a new software update for the P40 Lite smartphone. This update comes with the security patch released in January 2021 that improves system security and device stability.
Other than this, Huawei is currently rolling out its latest EMUI 11 OS for eligible devices. The EMUI 11 major upgrade brings a bunch of new and exciting features such as improved always-on display, smoother animations, multi-screen collaboration, super notepad, and more.
Apart from the security patch, there’s no features and optimization have been added to the smartphone. Below you can check the official changelog and software version of this update.
- Build- 10.1.0.302
- Size- 246MB
- Security: Integrates Android security patches released in January 2021 for improved system security.
- January 2021 Security Patch Details: Installs security fixes for different levels of exploits and issues within Huawei phones including 4 critical, 1 medium, and 25 high levels of CVEs.
How to update:
Download via Settings:
Open Settings > then click on System & updates. After opening a Software update, tap on Check for updates option. If the update is available to download then click Download and install. And after installation Reboot the device.
Download via Support app:
Open the Support app on your device and then go to the Service tab. Click on the Update button and then tap on Check for update option. If the update is available then click on Download and install. After installation Reboot the device.
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- EMUI version and size may vary.
- Maintain enough battery and storage on your device.