Samsung is rolling out a new software update with a July security patch for Samsung Galaxy J8/On8 and Galaxy Tab A 10.5 users. This update installs the security patch released in July 2020 to improves system security.
The latest update is based on Android 10 OS (One UI 2.0). This new update is rolling out in Russia for the Galaxy J8 and users of Galaxy Tab A receiving the Android 10 update in UK and Korea. However, this update might take a few weeks or months for it to available for Global users.
The software version of this update for Galaxy J8/On8 is J810FPUU4CTG3. On the other hand, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5 comes with software version T590XXU3CTF9. Users can check and install the update to enjoy the latest features and changes.
Join our Samsung channel on Telegram:
Samsung Galaxy Tab A and Galaxy J8 Changelog:
- Enhanced image, text, and color adjustments for day and night environments.
- Darkened wallpapers, widgets, and alarms while Dark mode is on.
Icons and colors
- Clearer app icons and system colors.
- Improved layouts for titles and buttons to eliminate wasted screen space.
- Enhanced animations with a playful touch.
- Added new navigation gestures.
- Navigate more comfortably on large screens with minimal finger movement.
- Easily focus on what matters with clearly highlighted buttons.
- High contrast keyboards and layouts for large text have been improved.
- Listen to live speech and display it as text.
Better text over wallpapers
- See text more clearly against wallpaper, as One UI automatically adjusts font colors based on light and dark areas and color contrast in the image below.
Media and devices
- Replaced the SmartThings panel with the Media and Devices.
- Media: Control music and videos playing on your tablet as well as other devices.
- Devices: Check and control your SmartThings devices directly from the quick panel.
- The battery usage graph now provides more detailed information.
- Set goals to keep your tablet usage in check.
- Use Focus mode to help avoid distractions from your tablet.
- Keep an eye on your kids with new parental controls.
- Added the ability to edit the modes that appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Provided a More tab so you can quickly access hidden modes from the preview screen.
- Improved the layout so you can focus on taking pictures without the settings getting in the way.
- Customize the quick menu to get instant access to the features you use the most.
- Get more information from the app bar.
- Install add-ons from the Galaxy Store to get even more features.
- Added Trash feature for Contacts. Contacts that you delete will stay in the trash for 15 days before being deleted forever.
- Stickers can be added to a date without creating an event.
- Ringtones can be used for event alerts.
- More options are available for repeating reminders.
- Set location-based reminders for a specific period of time.
- Share reminders with your family group and other sharing groups.
- Set reminders for a specific date without an alert.
- Created a Trash feature so you can restore files if you delete something by mistake.
- Added more filters you can use while searching to help you find things quickly.
- You can now copy or move multiple files and folders to different destinations at the same time.
- Added speed and time units to the unit converter.
*If you’ve something to share, send us on email@example.com.