Update 1, November 11 (10:36 ET) ― Next version could be stable One UI 4.0
UPDATE 6: One UI 4.0 Beta 4
Samsung is now rolling out the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 Beta 4 for the Galaxy S21 smartphones.
UPDATE 5: Hotfix build – October 26, 2021
Samsung is now rolling out a hotfix update after the Beta 3 build.
UPDATE 4: One UI 4.0 Beta 3 rolling out – October 20, 2021
Samsung just released the Android 12-based One UI 4 Beta 3 for the Galaxy S21 series smartphone users in South Korea. You can identify this release via the last four digits of the version number – ZUJB. [Source]
Check the official One UI 4 Beta 3 changelog below.
- Fixed an issue where only some menus were partially untranslated right after the porta update
- Google AOSP reflected (Google final release was reflected)
- Overscroll effect changed from existing glow to stretch form (Android 12 changed)
- Voice command in the camera Misrecognition improvement
- Pet lighting effect applied
- Color theme function stabilization
- Keyboard shortcut issue fixed
- Calling/texting on other devices fixed
- Bixby not being called on the lock screen
- Fixed system UI forced shutdown
- Many others Apply improvements
UPDATE 3: One UI 4.0 Beta 2 rolling out – October 6, 2021
Samsung has started rolling out the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 Beta 2 build.
UPDATE 2: One UI 4.0 Beta 2 coming next week -September 29, 2021
According to the latest information, Samsung One UI Beta Manager in South Korea confirmed that the One UI 4 Beta 2 update will be released next week. At the same time, the official confirmed that the engineers are working to deliver more stability to the system with the next One UI 4 Beta.
UPDATE 1: In the US and Germany – September 14, 2021
Samsung has now started rolling out the One UI 4.0 Beta 1 build for the Galaxy S21 users in the US and Germany.
SEPTEMBER 14, 2021: In Korea
Just after the official announcement about the launch of its One UI 4.0 Beta Program for Samsung Galaxy S21 smartphones (Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy S21 Ultra), Samsung just released the first One UI 4.0 Beta update in South Korea.
The One UI 4.0 is based on the Android 12 operating system (OS) and introduces new and improved customization and privacy capabilities that give users control over many aspects of their mobile experience.
According to the info, the Android 12-based One UI 4 Beta 1 comes with a very big package size of 2422MB and carries the latest September 2021 security patch as well. You can see the software version numbers of the update below.
- Galaxy S21 – G991NKSU3ZUID
- Galaxy S21 Plus – G996NKSU3ZUID
- Galaxy S21 Ultra – G998NKSU3ZUID
Samsung is initially rolling out the Android 12-based One UI 4 Beta 1 for the Galaxy S21 series devices in its home ground. In the coming days, the update will be released for the One UI Beta program participants in the US, Germany, India, Poland, UK, and China.
If you’ve participated under the One UI 4 Beta program check for the update right now! Just head to your device Settings >> Software updates >> Download and install.