The Galaxy S9 series has begun receiving its first beta One UI 2.0 beta based on Android 10. This update is currently rolling out in South Korea, India, and the UK.
The Galaxy S9 and S9+ users registered in the One UI 2.0 beta program can now download the latest beta update from the Software update section of their phone’s Settings.
The software version of this update is G960FXXU7ZSKD and G965FXXU7ZSKD for the Galaxy S9 and S9+ respectively. The size of this update is more than 1800MB.
If you are in One UI 2.0 beta program you can download it by heading into the Settings > Software update.
If you want to download the first beta update manually, you can do this from the link below.
- Galaxy S9+: G965F_CSK1_ZSKD
- Galaxy S9: Coming soon
RENAME THE FILE TO update.zip
Note: The update zips are only for MULTI-CSC OXM! You can check this by dialing using your phone app at – *#1234#, and check if OXM is in the CSC-build.
Eligible OXM multi CSC builds are ( ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI CAC CAM CAU CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MXO MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PEO PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SKZ SLK SMP THL THR TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR XEF XEH XEO XEU XEZ XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV )
And for single: ( BTC BTU CPW DOO EMP GLB GTO LYS MAT MM1 NZC OPS SER SIN SIO SMA STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VNZ WTL XFA XFV XNZ XSA )
Steps to Install One UI 2.0 Beta on the Galaxy S9 Series:
After downloading the firmware file, it’s required for you to rename the file as “update.zip”. After downloading and renaming the firmware, you can proceed with the installation process.
- Download SDK platform-tools from here.
- Extract the SDK on your desktop.
- Open the extracted folder and copy the update.zip (firmware).
- Inside the folder, press and hold the left shift + right-mouse-click and select “open command prompt here” to open it.
- Now, Turn off your phone.
- Enter recovery mode by press and holding the Power + Bixby + Volume buttons altogether for a few seconds.
- Select “Update via ADB” (You can scroll using volume keys and select using the power button).
- Connect your phone to the PC via the USB cable.
- In the command prompt run the following command: ./adb devices
- Wait a few seconds while it searches your phone.
- If your device is found, run the following command: ./adb sideload update.zip
- The update process will start automatically, it will take some time to complete.
- Once the process is completed, the phone will boot itself and update the apps and direct you to the home screen.
- After the installation, Clear your cache by going into recovery (VoIUP – Bixby – Power).
1. Download the bin file and rename it to update.zip.
2. Copy it to the root directory of your SDcard.
3. Shut down your phone.
4. Hold simultaneously Power+bixby+volume up buttons to get into stock recovery.
5. Using your volume keys navigate to “update via SdCard” and press power button to select it.
6. Again using volume keys navigate to the file “update.zip” and press power button to select it.
7. Update will start. Leave it till it completes. It will take some time.
8. Phone will reboot by itself and load android.