Samsung is rolling out One UI 2.0 with an Android 10 update for the Galaxy A20 and Galaxy A9 Star (aka Galaxy A8 Star). The latest update brings the April 2020 security patch. This update is currently rolling out in Asian and European countries and will soon be available to other regions.
Galaxy A20: A205FXXU7BTD3
Galaxy A9 Star: G8850ZCU4CTD8
If you have any of these devices and want to check for the update manually, just head into the device Settings, tap on the Software update menu and go for the Download and install option.
Join our Samsung channel on Telegram:
One UI 2 upgrade with Android 10
One UI 2 brings you Android 10, with exciting new features from Samsung and Google based on feedback from users like you.
We recommend that you back up your important data to keep it safe during the upgrade.
Some apps, including Calculator, Game Launcher, Voice Recorder, Samsung Internet, Samsung Health and Samsung Notes, need to be updated individually after you update your OS.
Here’s what’s new.
– Enhanced image, text, and color adjustments for day and night environments.
– Darkened wallpapers, widgets, and alarms while Dark mode is on.
Icons and colors
– Clearer app icons and system colors.
– Improved layouts for titles and buttons to eliminate wasted screen space.
– Enhanced animations with a playful touch.
– Navigate more comfortably on large screens with minimal finger movement.
– Easily focus on what matters with clearly highlighted buttons.
– New ways to access One-handed mode: double tap the Home button or swipe down in the center of the bottom of the screen.
– Settings moved to Settings > Advanced features > One-handed mode.
– High contrast keyboards and layouts for large text have been improved.
Better text over wallpapers
– See text more clearly against wallpaper, as One UI 2 automatically adjusts font colors based on light and dark areas and color contrast in the image below.
Media and devices
– Replaced the Samsung Connect panel with the Media and Devices.
– Media: Control music and videos playing on your phone as well as other devices.
– Devices: Check and control your Samsung Connect devices directly from the quick panel.
– The battery usage graph now provides more detailed information.
– Set goals to keep your phone usage in check.
– Use Focus mode to help avoid distractions from your phone.
– Added the ability to edit the modes that appear at the bottom of the screen.
– Provided a More tab so you can quickly access hidden modes from the preview screen.
– Improved the layout so you can focus on taking pictures without the settings getting in the way.
– Customize the quick menu to get instant access to the features you use the most.
– Get more information from the app bar.
– Install add-ons from the Galaxy Store to get even more features.
– Added Trash feature for Contacts. Contacts that you delete will stay in the trash for 15 days before being deleted forever.
– Stickers can be added to a date without creating an event.
– Ringtones can be used for event alerts.
– More options are available for repeating reminders.
– Set location-based reminders for a specific period of time.
– Share reminders with your family group and other sharing groups.
– Set reminders for a specific date without an alert.
– Created a Trash feature so you can restore files if you delete something by mistake.
– Added more filters you can use while searching to help you find things quickly.
– You can now copy or move multiple files and folders to different destinations at the same time.
– Added speed and time units to the unit converter.
– Android Auto is now preloaded.
– Added tips to help you get the most from your Galaxy.
– The following applications have been installed : QQ Music
– The Navigation bar has been removed from Quick Panel.
– Quick panel : Added new feature. – Focus mode