Update: The Galaxy Tab S6 WiFi variant is now receiving the One UI 2.1 update in the US. The software version is T860XXU1BTD1 and the size is around 2GB. It comes with the March 2020 security patch and many new features.
Join us our Samsung Channel on Telegram:
Original Article: April 3, 2020
Samsung has started rolling out the major OS update to the Galaxy Tab S6. The latest update brings the One UI 2.1 update with Android 10. This is available for the Galaxy Tab S6 LTE variant and should soon be available for the Wi-Fi variant.
One UI 2.1 Feature: How to use Quick Share on Samsung Galaxy phones
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is getting One UI 2.1 update with Android 10 the One UI 2.1 directly with some extra features instead of One UI 2.0. The additional features such as Quick Share, Music Share, and some others.
The software version of this update is T865XXU2BTC7 and brings the March 2020 security patch. If you want to check for the update manually, just head into the device Settings, tap on the Software update menu and go for the Download and install option.
One UI 2 upgrade with Android 10
One UI 2 brings you Android 10, with exciting new features from Samsung and Google based on feedback from users like you.
We recommend that you back up your important data to keep it safe during the upgrade.
Some apps, including Calculator, Samsung Internet, and Samsung Notes, need to be updated individually after you update your OS.
Here’s what’s new.
– Enhanced image, text, and color adjustments for day and night environments.
– Darkened wallpapers, widgets, and alarms while Dark mode is on.
Icons and colors
– Clearer app icons and system colors.
– Improved layouts for titles and buttons to eliminate wasted screen space.
– Enhanced animations with a playful touch.
Full screen gestures
– Added new navigation gestures.
– Navigate more comfortably on large screens with minimal finger movement.
– Easily focus on what matters with clearly highlighted buttons.
– High contrast keyboards and layouts for large text have been improved.
– Listen to live speech and display it as text.
Better text over wallpapers
– See text more clearly against wallpaper, as One UI automatically adjusts font colors based on light and dark areas and color contrast in the image below.
Media and devices
– Replaced the SmartThings panel with the Media and Devices.
– Media: Control music and videos playing on your phone as well as other devices.
– Devices: Check and control your SmartThings devices directly from the quick panel.
– The battery usage graph now provides more detailed information.
– Set goals to keep your phone usage in check.
– Use Focus mode to help avoid distractions from your phone.
– Keep an eye on your kids with new parental controls.
– Added the ability to edit the modes that appear at the bottom of the screen.
– Provided a More tab so you can quickly access hidden modes from the preview screen.
– Improved the layout so you can focus on taking pictures without the settings getting in the way.
– Customize the quick menu to get instant access to the features you use the most.
– Get more information from the app bar.
– Install add-ons from the Galaxy Store to get even more features.
– Added Trash feature for Contacts. Contacts that you delete will stay in the trash for 15 days before being deleted forever.
– Stickers can be added to a date without creating an event.
– Ringtones can be used for event alerts.
– More options are available for repeating reminders.
– Set location-based reminders for a specific period of time.
– Share reminders with your family group and other sharing groups.
– Set reminders for a specific date without an alert.
– Created a Trash feature so you can restore files if you delete something by mistake.
– Added more filters you can use while searching to help you find things quickly.
– You can now copy or move multiple files and folders to different destinations at the same time.
– Added speed and time units to the unit converter.
– A multilingual translation feature has been added.
– A text undo/redo feature has been added.
– You can now search for music in Spotify directly from the keyboard.
– An icon to open Samsung Pass has been added.
– Files can now be quickly and easily shared with nearby Samsung devices using Quick Share.
– Music Share now lets you share music with your friends using a Bluetooth audio device.
– Bixby Home has been replaced with Samsung Daily.