In this article, you will find the latest news about Samsung’s One UI 4.0 skin including features, release date, and eligible devices.
Samsung One UI custom skin comes with a bunch of new system changes that can be easily noticed on the lock screen and the home screen of the devices.
Here is the Android 12 One UI 4.0 tracker in which we will keep a track of all the news, leaks, rumors, and more coming regarding this upcoming OS version of Samsung.
Here are the direct links to the topics that you are searching for: [Updated – SEPTEMBER 22, 2021]
Will Samsung provide One UI 4.0 beta to budget smartphones?
Last time with the Android 11-based One UI 3.0 we saw that the company has included the Galaxy M31 and Galaxy A51 for the beta testing.
It was the first time when any budget and a mid-range Galaxy device got the taste of the major upgrade ahead of the stable rollout. Looking at the previous update schedule and strategy of Samsung, we can expect that it might offer beta testing for more mid-range devices this time. There are a bunch of Galaxy devices in this range launched recently.
Well, we don’t yet know which of these phones might be testing the One UI 4 features just like the flagship devices.
One UI 4.0 Features
Samsung has officially unveiled the features of the One UI 4.0, thanks to the One UI 4 Beta announcement.
The new One UI user interface brings a unified mobile experience to Galaxy smartphones through simplified and streamlined interactions and a clean and elegant design.
Samsung says “One UI 4 beta participant will be able to experience comprehensive customization capabilities and privacy controls that empower them to design their ideal mobile experience — one that’s uniquely suited to their individual needs and allows them to express who they are.”
One UI 4 also brings improved customization options. The theme options let the users adjust the look and functionality of their device, giving them tools to configure their home screens, icons, notifications, wallpapers, and much more. Plus, redesigned, upgraded widgets offer deep customization — from visibility to appearance. Users also get convenient access to a more robust and diverse array of emojis all in one place, so they can effortlessly navigate their options to enjoy richer communication experiences.
The new One UI 4 also brings enhanced privacy and protection functions that make it easier for users to understand exactly how their data are being used to customize their settings and deliver a more personalized mobile experience. Indicators alert users to app camera and microphone usage, so they can instantly disable permissions if they don’t want to grant access.
The One UI 4 also expands on Android 12’s permission options, allowing users to view their permissions history from the last seven days, not just the last 24 hours. They can also check the current data usage of both their permissions and their apps.
One UI 4.0 Release Date – Android 12 Schedule
Samsung has started the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 beta program for the Galaxy S21 series. It will soon be followed by other eligible Galaxy devices.
Samsung will use the information gathered from the beta program to fine-tune the One UI 4 user experience before delivering a final, optimized upgrade later this year.
Google released the first developer preview of Android 12 on February 18, 2021.
The second Android 12 Developer Preview was released on March 17.
At Google I/O 2021 on May 18, Google started the public Android 12 beta program. The beta is now available to all Pixels starting with the Pixel 3 series, and it is also making its way to over a dozen third-party devices from 11 manufacturers, excluding Samsung. The Android 12 Beta 2 launched on June 09, 2021. Google released the Android 12 Beta 3 on July 14, 2021. Google released Android 12 Beta 4 on August 11, 2021.
One UI 4.0 device list [Eligible Devices]: RPRNA
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20
- Samsung Galaxy S20 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20 5G UW
- Samsung Galaxy S20+
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G UW
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Fold
- Samsung Galaxy Fold 5G
- SamsungGalaxy S10 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S10+
- Samsung Galaxy S10
- Samsung Galaxy S10e
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
- Samsung Galaxy A71 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A71
- Samsung Galaxy A51 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A51
- Samsung Galaxy A90 5G
More new Galaxy smartphones eligible for the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 update: RPRNA
- Galaxy A22 5G
- Galaxy A22
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
- Galaxy Tab S7 FE
- Galaxy F52 5G
- Galaxy M42 5G
- Galaxy M12
- Galaxy A32 5G
- Galaxy A32
- Galaxy F62
- Galaxy M62
- Galaxy F12
- Galaxy A72
- Galaxy A52
- Galaxy A52 5G
- Galaxy Quantum 2
Note: We will update this Android 12-One UI 4 tracker section-wise as soon as we receive something new about any of the topics mentioned above, so stay tuned to get all the latest updates about the Android 12 and One UI 4.0 update.
LATEST NEWS: SEPTEMBER 22, 2021
- According to Samsung insider, the Android 12-based One UI 4 won’t introduce any noticeable changes and features compared to the One UI 3.0. [September 22]
- With One UI 4.0 Beta, the Galaxy S21 is getting two new toggles in the quick settings menu that can be used for enabling/disabling Mic and Camera access. [September 18]
- The Galaxy S21 phones are now allowing owners to use third-party icon packs that can be mostly downloadable through Google Play Store.
- 8 Good Lock apps are compatible with One UI 4.0 beta
- Samsung has released the One UI 4.0 beta to the Galaxy S21 smartphones.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 series One UI 4.0 beta program started.
- The Galaxy Note 10 series will reportedly get the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 update in March/April 2022.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra spotted running Android 12
- One UI 4.0 update to enable SoundAssistant in DeX mode
- A new screenshot appears online, which shows Android 12-based One UI 4.0, possibly an early beta testing unit.
- Samsung to start the One UI 4.0 Beta program in September, a report claimed.
- Samsung starts Android 12 (One UI 4.0) development for the Galaxy S21 series