Samsung is now rolling out the One UI 2.5 update for the Galaxy S9 and S9+ in the US. The software version of this update is G960USQU8FTJ3 and G965USQU8FTJ3 for the Galaxy S9 and S9+ respectively. It comes with the October 2020 security patch.
It is currently rolling out to the Sprint carrier users in the US. It should soon be available on other network carriers. You can check the complete changelog below.
– Wireless DeX connection support.
. Wireless connection with TVs through Wi-Fi Direct (compatible with Miracast).
* Quick panel – DeX
. Usage of Samsung Smart TVs released after 2019 is recommended.
– Screen Zoom and Font Size options are supported to allow customization in various display sizes.
– If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
* This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
– When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router.
* The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
– Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
– A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
– Split Keyboard is supported on Landscape mode.
– The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
– The Pro Video feature has been enhanced.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
The security of your device has been improved.
Original Article: August 29, 2020
The community moderator said the work is in the review process. You can check the complete statement below (translated):
“Currently, it is in the review phase for the application of One UI 2.5 to the 9 series. Following the instructions from the management to prepare customers to experience various SW, we are reviewing the functions that can be installed and re-identified the current memory situation.”
Samsung’s One UI 2.5 comes with many new features but they won’t be coming to all devices due to hardware limitations. There’s no official confirmation about the release date of the One UI 2.5 for the Galaxy Note 9 and S9 series but the update is expected to be here for eligible Galaxy devices by end of the next month.