Back in December 2020, Samsung released the stable Android 11-based One UI 3.0 update for the Galaxy S20 series devices. Later on, the Galaxy Note 20 flagships have also received this major Android 11 upgrade with One UI 3.0 features.
On January 14, the Korean tech giant launched the latest Galaxy S21 series devices that exclusively come pre-installed with the Android 11-based One UI 3.1. The 3.1 version of the One UI is an upgraded version of the One UI 3.0 and brings some new functions and productivity features with the Galaxy S21 phones.
Yesterday, the company announced that it is bringing the One UI 3.1 features to the Galaxy S20, Note 20, Note 10, S10, Z Fold 2, Z Flip, and select A series devices. Following this, the Galaxy Note 20 and S20 flagships have begun receiving the One UI 3.1 changes with a new firmware update.
Apart from the Note 20 and S20 devices, the One UI 3.1 update will soon be rolled out for the Galaxy Note 10 and S10 series models. Meanwhile, the company stated that the smart camera features from the Galaxy S21 will be available for the Galaxy Note 20 and S20 units.
After updating the Galaxy S20/Note 20 to the One UI 3.1 version, the users can capture dynamic photos and shoot videos with new smart camera features such as touch autofocus, autoexposure controller, Single Take, Object eraser tool, and Multi Mic Recording.
Moreover, in the device Settings, you can find One UI 3.1’s new Eye Comfort Shield mode that automatically adjusts the blue light based on the time of day. Besides, you can also remove metadata that reveals the location of photos before you share them.
Below, you can check the full changelog of the One UI 3.1 update for Galaxy S20 and Note 20:
- Extract the date and address from the event title and recommend automatic registration.
- Receive notifications from SmartThings devices that also have specified schedule notifications.
- The performance of Camera has been improved
- Eye comfort shield function has been added.
- The color temperature of the screen automatically adjusts for the time of day.
Buds Auto Switching
- Support Buds auto switching between Galaxy phone and tablet.
- Extract the date and address from the reminder memo and recommend to register automatically, and remind important information by situation.
- It is now possible to protect your privacy by deleting the location information of previously taken photos before sharing or posting them on social media.
- Synchronize valid links created on devices with the same registered Samsung account.
- The use of social media services has been simplified. It is possible to share profiles, photos, notes, schedules, and more with friends simply by logging in to your Samsung account.
- Object eraser feature has been added to Labs in Photo Editor.
- Using Erase Objects allows you to erase an object which you want in the photo.
| Source |