Samsung’s One UI 4.0, based on Android 12, brings a slew of new theme options for ultimate phone customization. It also brings redesigned home screen widgets, new privacy features, dark mode improvements, emojis, new charging effects, improved multitasking features, and more.
Are you eligible for Samsung One UI 4 Beta?
Samsung is rolling out Android 12-based One UI 4.0 in beta for the Galaxy S21 series. You can install the One UI 4 beta on Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra in the eligible region.
The One UI 4.0 beta program is available in the following countries:
- South Korea
- US [T-Mobile/Sprint/Unlocked]
- The unlocked and locked (T-Mobile/Sprint) Galaxy smartphone users in the US are eligible for the One UI 4 Beta.
- Samsung has released the 2nd Android 12-based One UI 4.0 beta for the Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus, and Galaxy S21 Ultra. Along with several bug fixes and improvements, it also brings a new “RAM Plus” feature. The update is currently rolling out to users in Korea and Germany.
- The Galaxy S21 users in the UK and India are getting the first One UI 4.0 beta.
Samsung One UI 4 Beta device list
Samsung’s One UI 4.0 beta program is currently limited to the Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra smartphones. Here you can check the expected list of Galaxy smartphones eligible for the One UI 4.0 Beta.
- Galaxy Note 20/Note 20 Ultra
- Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra
- Galaxy Z Fold 3/Flip 3
Note: Samsung may also release the beta program for the Galaxy Note 10/S10 devices and some Galaxy A smartphones.
Bug fixes: In One UI 4.0 Beta 2 for Galaxy S21
- Color theme applied
- Microphone mode (standard, voice emphasis, all sounds) added during video calls
- RAM Plus (virtual RAM) applied
- Samsung keyboard input accuracy improved
- Fixed a problem with closing when running Secure Folder
- Performance-related improvements
- Many other improvements applied
How to get Samsung’s Android 12 Beta?
If you own an eligible smartphone and using it in one of the 7 countries listed above, you will be able to sign up for the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 beta in the Samsung Members app.
To join the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 Beta program on the device.
- First, go to the Samsung Members app
- Now check a carousel at the top, with a notice about the One UI Beta Program
- Click on the notice and select Register
- Now read FAQ and terms
- After that, click on Enroll
After the successful registration, you will get the update notification in 10 minutes. You can also check for the latest update by heading into the device Settings, tap on the Software update menu, and go for the Download and install option.