AUGUST 28, 2020: Three, Vodafone, and O2 UK
The One UI 2.5 update is now available for the Galaxy S20 series devices on the UK’s Three, Vodafone, and O2 carrier.
AUGUST 24, 2020: EE UK
The Galaxy S20 series devices are now receiving the One UI 2.5 software update on the UK’s EE carrier. It comes with many new features and an August 2020 security patch. You can check the changelog below.
The software version of this update is G981BXXU4BTH5, G986BXXU4BTH5, and G988BXXU4BTH5 for the Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra respectively.
AUGUST 23, 2020: Original Article – T-Mobile
The One UI 2.5 comes with many new features including camera app enhancements, support for recording 8K video at 24fps with the ability to record footage in a 21:9 aspect ratio, impressive wireless DeX mode, UI improvements, and more. This update also brings support for Android 10 navigation gestures when using third-party launchers.
Samsung Notes improvements are also included. You’re now able to import and write on PDF files. You now have the ability to easily share a Wi-Fi password with nearby Galaxy devices that are in your contact list.
This update comes with the software versions G981USQU1BTHD, G986USQU1BTHD, and G988USQU1BTHD for the Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra respectively. The size of this update is more than 1000MB.
If you want to check for the software update manually, just head into the device Settings, tap on the Software update menu, and go for the Download and install option.
- Wireless DeX connection support: Wireless connection with TVs through Wi-Fi Direct (compatible with Miracast).
- Quick panel – DeX: Usage of Samsung Smart TVs released after 2019 is recommended.
- Screen Zoom and Font Size options are supported to allow customization in various display sizes.
- If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow. This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
- When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router. The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
- Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
- A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
- Split Keyboard is supported on Landscape mode.
- The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to
- find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
- The Pro Video feature has been enhanced.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.