Samsung Galaxy S9 series and Galaxy Note 9 series are now receiving the One UI 2.5 update on T-Mobile carrier in the US. The latest update comes with several new features, improvements, and October 2020 security patch.
- Galaxy S9: G960USQU8FTJ3
- Galaxy S9+: G965USQU8FTJ3
- Galaxy Note 9: N960USQU5FTJ3
With the One UI 2.5, there’s a Wireless DeX feature, a new Pro Video mode, Bitmoji stickers on the always-on display, and more.
“To prevent download issues, there’s a daily limit on downloads. If it’s not available yet, check back tomorrow or after November 13, when the daily limit is lifted.”
– Wireless DeX connection support.
. Wireless connection with TVs through Wi-Fi Direct (compatible with Miracast).
* Quick panel – DeX
. Usage of Samsung Smart TVs released after 2019 is recommended.
– Screen Zoom and Font Size options are supported to allow customization in various display sizes.
– If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
* This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
– When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router.
* The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
– Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
– A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
– Split Keyboard is supported on Landscape mode.
– The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
– The Pro Video feature has been enhanced.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
The security of your device has been improved.
To download update manually, just tap Settings > Software update > Download updates manually.
LAST MAJOR SOFTWARE UPDATE?
Yes, this is the last major software update for the Galaxy S9 series and Galaxy Note 9. Samsung excluded devices launched with Android 8 from its new 3 major platform update policy. For more information, visit here.