Back in March, OnePlus released the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 4 for both of the devices for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T series. Both series users are still waiting for the stable Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 update globally.
Meanwhile, the company has begun to roll out Android 11-based OxygenOS Open Beta 5 for both series devices. This update comes with the May 2021 security patch to enhance the system security.
Apart from the security patch, it improves the Wi-Fi connection stability, compatibility of specific third-party apps on Android 11, overall application stability, and system stability.
You can check the changelog of this update mentioned below.
- Reduced battery consumption under specific scenarios
- Improved the compatibility of specific third-party apps on Android 11
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Upgrade Android Security Patch level to May 2021
- Improved the overall application stability
- Fixed the probability issue about can not answer the calls via Google Fi app
- Improved the Wi-Fi connection stability
- Improved the overall loading speed
- Improved the animation performance and frame rate
FYI, this is beta software and it is less stable than official builds. If you are installing this build, we highly recommend you make a full system back-up before proceeding. We also recommend you read all the instructions and notes before proceeding. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.