OnePlus has released a new update for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro smartphone users in India. The latest update comes with the Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 update that includes new privacy functions and features.
You should download and install this update on your smartphone so that you can enjoy the new feature. This update is only available for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro devices. In order to experience OxygenOS 12, please be sure that your device is on 18.104.22.168. or 22.214.171.124. version.
OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 brings all the new features and changes made by OnePlus to Android 12 OS. It customizes home screen icons and other aspects and enhances the dark mode function with support for three adjustable levels as well as additional styling options for the card on the shelf function.
Also, the OxygenOS 12 update includes new light and space visual design elements, work-life balance 2.0, OnePlus Scout, enhanced dark mode, OnePlus Shelf, Game Toolbox 2.0, Notes, and more.
Furthermore, the more useful Canvas AOD feature now comes with new diverse styles of lines and colors for a more personalized lock screen experience along with inspiring visuals for a more personalized lock screen experience. You can also check out the official OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 Changelog below.
OnePlus 7/7 Pro OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1
Ready to get started on the Open Beta 1?
Want to go back to Android 11? Download the Rollback package from the links below:
Note: After downgrading to Android 11, some applications might be lost. You can upgrade to the latest Oxygen OS 11 stable version to restore apps by downloading and installing the packages below.
Here are the latest packages of OxygenOS 11 to help you restore the lost applications after rollback to Android 11:
- Please be aware that this is beta software. These builds are not as stable as our official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.
- As always, your feedback is appreciated. We look forward to hearing your continued feedback here in the bug reporting forum. For more information on submitting bugs or suggestions, please visit How to Report a Bug, and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community app.
- If you haven’t installed the Community app on your device, feel free to download it here.
- Be sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread.
Note: These instructions are only for the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro. Please make sure the battery level is above 30% and a minimum of 4GB storage space is available.
OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 Changelog
- Newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- Redesigns app icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and optimizes the presentation of text and color to make key information stand out
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- Newly added Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real time
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phones, Mail, and Calendar