OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro devices have finally joined the OxygenOS 13.1 update sequence. The company has ultimately blessed the respective models with several new features and enhancements that will boost the efficiency of the overall phone system.
Accordingly, OnePlus is quite serious about the maintenance of its devices, and the 8th series is no exception to this theory. Yes, the update wagon is a little late in this aspect. But finally, the tech maker has pushed off the latest software perks to OnePlus 8 lineup.
Users holding the standard and OnePlus 8 Pro handset in their pockets can identify the OxygenOS 13.1 software upgrade with the IN2011_22.214.171.1243 (EX01) and IN2021_126.96.36.1993 (EX01) build versions, respectively. While there is no detail about the package size, we will suggest keeping 1.0 GB of free storage space.
Currently, the new firmware is hovering in India via the OTA medium. However, the tech maker will soon release it in more regions. In the meantime, you can slide your hands into the update section to check the availability of the latest build.
In terms of offerings, the changelog reads the presence of a better personalization section, revamped health features, and improved gaming experience. Alongside, you may discover hidden tweaks related to the security aspects, home screen changes, and more.
OxygenOS 13.1 Update Changelog
- Expands Omoji’s functionality and library.
- Adds a new TalkBack feature that recognizes and announces images in apps and Photos.
- Adds the new Zen Space app with two modes Deep Zen and Light Zen to help you focus on the present.
- Improves Simple mode with a new helper widget and quick tutorials on the home screen.
- Adds the Championship mode to Game Assistant. This mode improves performance while disabling notifications, calls, and other messages to give a more immersive gaming experience.
- Adds a music playback control to Game Assistant, so you can listen to and control music easily while gaming.
If you want to download this firmware, get it via Settings > from here tap on System and updates > then tap on Software updates. Now the phone will reach out to the server to get a firmware build for you. However, the entire process may take some time so don’t forget to keep a cup of coffee beside you.