Just recently, OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro devices begun collecting the January 2021 security update with a bunch of bug fixes. Aside from this, the BBK-owned phone maker also delivered the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2 to the OnePlus 7 and 7T series phones yesterday.
Now, the company’s latest flagship – the OnePlus 8T getting a new firmware update globally. This new software comes with several system optimizations and improvements as well as the latest Android patches released in January 2021.
Join OnePlus on Telegram
The new changelog shows that it fixes several issues such as the noise problem of 5G calls, the freezing error of Twitter, split-screen failure, inaccurate display of the attribution of some numbers, video playback in Gallery, and more.
Besides, the new firmware also brings optimizations to the experience of using long screenshots and UI display effect of the notification bar for increased user experience. You can check the full changelog below.
- India: 126.96.36.199.KB05DA
- Europe: 188.8.131.52.KB05BA
- North America:184.108.40.206.KB05AA
OnePlus 8T ranked second for display on DXOMARK with 89 points:
According to DxOMark, the OnePlus 8T has received an overall score of 89 points and it is ranked second. The device has an improved display over the OnePlus 8 Pro in handling videos and also scores well for motion and touch. In daylight conditions, it has got a good amount of brightness but it could be better. Read more here
- Optimized the experience of using long screenshots
- Optimized the UI display effect of the notification bar
- Improve the stuttering problem of some tripartite applications
- Fixed the small probability issue that Twitter may freeze
- Fixed the issue that opening app split-screen may fail
- Fixed the issue of failure to switch the accent color in a small probability
- Fixed the inaccurate display of the attribution of some numbers
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.01
- Fixed the issue that the video cannot be played in a small probability
- Fixed the noise issue of 5G calls
How to check for the latest software update on your OnePlus 8T:
- Open device Settings
- Tap on System
- Open System settings
- Click on Download and install now.