UPDATE 2: February 01, 2023
OnePlus has now released a new OxygenOS 13 software update for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro smartphones. This update is already rolling out in the Indian region. Compared with the F.19 version, the problem that causes the device to keep restarting has been fixed with the F.20 release.
For users who have updated to F.19, you can upgrade. For users who are with the F.18 build, the company will start a new rollout of version F.20 directly. As always, this OTA will be incremental. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and the company will begin a broader rollout in a few days.
• Integrates the January 2023 Android security patch to enhance system security.
• Improves system stability.
• Fixes an issue where a system clone might fail to be created.
• Fixes an issue where UI elements on the Home screen might appear in Quick Glance.
• Fixes an issue where the screen brightness cannot be adjusted manually after Auto brightness is turned off in certain scenarios.
• Improves the stability of mobile network connections.
UPDATE 1: January 31, 2023
OnePlus has stopped the rollout process of the latest January 2023 update for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro devices due to some harmful issues. Hence, if you find the update available, do not install it. Read the full story HERE
Finally! OnePlus is rolling out the January 2023 security update for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro devices. The new iteration is making its way on the OxygenOS 13 platform with a handful of new fixes and improvements for the user interface and security system.
In the latest development, the OnePlus 9/ 9 Pro smartphone users are receiving the January 2023 update with OxygenOS 13 version LE2111_11.F.19 and LE2121_11.F.19 respectively. Initially, the update is taking place in the Indian nation, but the company will gradually begin the update push to more regions.
Follow RPRNA on Google News
Well, delay can sometimes be beneficial! And so is the case with OnePlus 9/ 9 Pro devices. In simple words, this update holdover has added a bunch of fixes and improvements to the changelog, which ultimately brings perks to the device’s system.
Join Us On Telegram
As per the input revealings, the update provides fixes to the UI elements of the home screen. Further, it repairs the Auto Brightness segment of the device and makes its functioning more efficient. Next, it improves the system clone mechanism that denies getting created.
In addition to the UI optimizations, the firmware enhances the stability of the network connections. Thus, you should install the update as soon as you see a notification on your screen.
- Integrates the January 2023 Android security patch to enhance system security
- Improves system stability
- Fixes an issue where a system clone might fail to be created
- Fixes an issue where UI elements on the home screen might appear in Quick Glance
- Fixes an issue where the screen brightness cannot be adjusted manually after Auto-Brightness is turned off in certain scenarios
- Improves the stability of mobile network connections
Alongside the new build, the company also answered why the rollout has been delayed. Consequently, there were two main reasons to halt the update distribution. First, being a Chinese firm, the OnePlus brand and its team were busy with the Chinese New Year fest.
Second, during the initial rollout to a small number of users, the manufacturer noticed an issue where the update was not able to boot. Hence, to avoid the spread of this issue, the company stopped the rollout immediately and started inspecting the defect.
As of now, OnePlus has once again appeared on the floor with its update process, and we anticipate that soon all the models of the OnePlus 9 series will obtain the latest January 2023 security patch.
|| Source ||