Almost all the OnePlus devices have been updated to the latest May 2021 security patch and the one that was left behind has also now got these latest security improvements. It’s the OnePlus Nord that came last in the race for updating to the latest security patch.
The company has released a new update for the OnePlus Nord devices brings May 2021 security update for improves system security. In addition, it also carries a bunch of bug fixes and some other improvements.
As usual, it’s a staged rollout and may take time to cover each and every device. Meanwhile, you can also try and check on your device by going through settings under the software update section.
There are improvements in the Wi-Fi connection of the device. Besides this, the firmware is full of fixes in the sections including system, camera, and file manager. You can check the version numbers and changelog below to get full info about this update.
- Fixed the issue that the card coupon is not available as a widget
- Fixed the issue that missed calls are marked as call answered on another device in call logs
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.05
- Improved the speed of Wi-Fi connection
- Fixed the abnormal preview display issue in Nightscape Tripod mode
- Fixed the issue that Camera becomes unresponsive when setting profile photo in Contact
- Fixed the frame drops issue with videos taken by Camera
- Fixed the occasional issue that Flash effect may fail in some scenarios
- Fixed the delay issue when switching to the front camera under Time-lapse mode
- File Manager
- Fixed abnormal display issue while copying files to OTG storage
Note: This instruction is only for OnePlus Nord, and please make sure the battery level is above 30% and a minimum of 3GB free storage space before installing the build.