This year, OnePlus launched its new flagship smartphones such as OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, and OnePlus 8T. On the other hand, the company has also introduced affordable devices for the first time in its Nord lineup.
Moving forward, OnePlus has also started preparing to implement significant improvements in its custom skin – OxygenOS in the next year.
The company has recently shared a post in its community forum presenting the suggestions by users that helped the company to develop OxygenOS and add new features as per their needs in 2020. OnePlus is also trying to promote its presence among the OnePlus users through its support forum.
Following the feedback from different users, OnePlus has added several features and improvements to the OxygenOS including new filters and music in pre-installed Video Editor, and refreshed shelf design while some features are under development.
You can also check the added/developing features:
- AE lock design – Supporting direct touch and long press to lock the viewfinder screen directly – Done
- Optimize inconsistency between lens and AWB – Continuously working on it
- Fix HDR portrait halo – Done (Need to upgrade to HDR4.0)
- Display the tripod icon when using a tripod – Done (In Nightscape mode, the tripod mode is turned on manually)
- Smart capture when shooting kids – Already under closed beta testing
Audio & Accessories –
- In this OEF we secretly gathered the feedback that made the new OnePlus Urban Traveler backpack possible. We also had a fruitful discussion around audio:
- More options for sound tweaking – already offer better physical noise reduction in OnePlus Buds Z and will keep optimizing
- Active noise reduction – under internal evaluation
OnePlus Support –
- Loaner phone service – Implemented in North America
- OnePlus Day Finland – Exclusive monthly after-sales benefits – Europe
- Launched Warranty Exchange Service alongside OnePlus 8 – North America
- Repair service for non-US models – North America
- Doorstep repair service – Extended to Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Pune.
- Added 14 Exclusive Repair Centers
- TV Repair – Now available in 19K+ pin codes across India
- Added 43 Multi brand repair partners across India
- Red Cable Club Day – Exclusive monthly after-sales benefits
- Add additional IM apps to quick reply gaming tool feature
- Work to bring high-refresh-rate and haptic feedback to other community-favorite games
- Bring FPS rate and other stats to Game Space while gaming
The above-mentioned plans are just a too short tale for 2021. In addition, OnePlus has planned to continuously develop and optimize the OxygenOS for an increased user experience. Furthermore, the company will also launch a smartwatch and the upcoming OnePlus 9 flagship.