OnePlus Switch, which is also familiar as the Clone Phone app is the easiest way to backup data from an old device to a new one. With just a few simple steps, you can transfer the data including all the contacts, messages, call history, images, audio, documents, and more to your new handy gadget.
The company has rebranded the OnePlus Switch as a Clone Phone app for the backup of data. It initially came into life as the OnePlus Switch, but with time, it gained a new tag with enhanced features. Let’s see how a user can transfer their data from a previous device to a new smartphone.
Steps to backup data on a new device:
- Connect your device to the network and run the OnePlus Switch/Clone Phone application
- Go to the Backup and Restore option
- You will find two options – New Backup and Restore Backup
- Tap the New Backup option and choose what kind of data you want to backup. For instance, contacts, call logs, messages, notes, pictures, audio, video, apps, and some other system info such as ringtones.
- After you end up selecting the files you want to backup, tap Backup Now
NOTE: Backup and Restore option will not backup any data.
Further, you can also check the progress and confirm the backup competition. For doing so:
- Head to the File Manager
- Scroll to the Storage section
- Click on the Backup
- Select the Mobile Backup option
If you are planning to factory reset your device, then ensure to copy the folder onto your computer and restore it, once you are done resetting your new device.