UPDATE 4: AUGUST 12, 2021 – OxygenOS 11 Stable Version
OnePlus has now started rolling out the stable OxygenOS 11 update for the OnePlus 6 and 6T smartphones. READ MORE HERE.
UPDATE 3: AUGUST 09, 2021 – OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 3
OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2 is now rolling out to the OnePlus 6 and 6T smartphone users. Read More Here.
UPDATE 2: JULY 29, 2021 – OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2
OnePlus has now released the Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2 build for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T users. Read More Here.
UPDATE 1: JULY 20, 2021 – Hotfix update
The Hotfix build is now released with the fix for reported feedback! The users who are running on OBT 1 will receive this as an OTA update.
ORIGINAL – July 08, 2021 – OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1
Waiting for Android 11 on your OnePlus 6 phone? Here it comes! The OnePlus 6 and 6T users finally started receiving the Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 update with loads of Android 11 features. Previously, it was reported that this update for the OnePlus 6 devices will arrive at August-end but surprisingly the rollout has now begun.
Users who are still one OBT builds for OnePlus 6 and 6T will receive the update via OTA, while if they are on stable build then they have to download and install it via the link here. But before installing the update do take a backup of your important data to avoid data loss (believe me you will thank us later).
As it’s an open beta, there might be some bugs that the users may report after installing. The company will further release a more open beta update for these devices with several optimizations and bug fixes. The OnePlus 6 and 6T are now officially on the Android 11. The detailed changes of this update are mentioned below along with the download links.
First of all, this update upgrades the OxygenOS 10 version to OxygenOS 11, bringing in the fresh new UI visual design for a more comfortable experience. Since it’s an Android 11 update, there will be loads of features incoming to your devices.
For gamers, the update adds new game space that comes with new gaming tools for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. Also, you can now quickly reply to any conversation via a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp, and Telegram. Further, it also prevents mistouch for a smooth gaming experience.
With the latest generation of OxygenOS, the camera UI gets a new look and the functions are also very well optimized. In the Ambient Display, the newly added Canvas AOD finally arrives which is already available on other OnePlus devices with Android 11.
Furthermore, the Dark Mode has added a shortcut in the quick settings panel that users can enable by just swiping it down from the top of the screen. Also, there is a new scheduling function now available in the dark mode which lets you choose the time of when you want it to show and when not.
Last but now least, the OnePlus 6 and 6T get a new shelf interface design that is more clearer and user friendly. In addition, the weather widget and new animations effects make the OxygenOS on OnePlus 6 devices smarter. There are more to come in the upcoming open beta updates, stay tuned…
OnePlus’s new update policy
OnePlus has recently announced its new update policy which says that the select flagship smartphones will receive three Android upgrades. However, this policy does not apply to the OnePlus 6 users as it’s for the OnePlus 8 or newer phone. So, disappointingly, the OnePlus 6 and 6T users have to stick to their old upgrade strategy and they will just get 2 years of upgrades. This means the OnePlus 6 won’t get any Android update from now and the Android 12 will be the last major upgrade for the OnePlus 6T.
Note: Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are not as stable as our official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up, and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp, and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mistouch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer a more convenient operation
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Dark Mode
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter