OnePlus has already started sending January 2021 security patch at the start of January with its affordable OnePlus Nord and later on OnePlus 6 series also joined for the latest security update. Now the company’s latest flagships are grabbing the latest security improvements, which include OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro.
This latest Oxygen OS update is not just limited to the security improvements but it also brings optimizations and a number of fixes for a better user experience. You can identify the firmware on your OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro device with the following version number.
- IN: 126.96.36.199.IN21DA
- EU: 188.8.131.52.IN21BA
- NA: 184.108.40.206.IN21AA
OnePlus 8 Pro
- IN: 220.127.116.11.IN11DA
- EU: 18.104.22.168.IN11BA
- NA: 22.214.171.124.IN11AA
As per the changelog, the latest update for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro comes with optimizations in the functionality including long screenshots and UI display effect of the notification bar. It also improves the stuttering problem of some applications.
In addition, the update includes many fixes including the Twitter fix issue, app split opening, and the failure to switch the accent of color is also fixed. Further, it solves the issue related to the inaccurate display and improves the system stability.
Moreover, it also fixes the problem with the Gallery app of now playing the video occasionally and solves the noise issue of 5G calls.
How to check for the latest software update on your smartphone:
- Open device Settings
- Tap on System
- Open System settings
- Click on Download and install now
- Optimized the experience of using long screenshots
- Optimized the UI display effect of the notification bar
- Improve the stuttering problem of some tripartite applications
- Fixed the small probability issue that Twitter may freeze
- Fixed the issue that opening app split-screen may fail
- Fixed the issue of failure to switch the accent color in a small probability
- Fixed the inaccurate display of the attribution of some numbers
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.01
- Fixed the issue that the video cannot be played in a small probability
- Fixed the noise issue of 5G calls