OnePlus started to roll out a new software update for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro European and Indian regions devices. It brings some new features and system optimizations for a better user experience. As always, this update will expand gradually, so it may take a while to arrive on your device.
- India: 22.214.171.124.IN21DA
- Europe: 126.96.36.199.IN21BA
OnePlus 8 Pro
- India: 188.8.131.52.IN11DA
- Europe: 184.108.40.206.IN11BA
According to the update log, this new firmware adds a keyboard height adjustment function that lets you increase or hide the bottom shortcut bar. Other than this, it also installs the OnePlus Store for Indian variants to provide a convenient and intuitive way to manage users’ OnePlus account, discover exciting members-only benefits, shop for OnePlus products, and more.
Furthermore, the OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro also fixes several bugs/issues such as abnormal behavior of alarm clock, auto-rotate feature failure, images randomly disappear from Gallery, no pop-up window shows up when connecting Bluetooth headset, and occasional WiFi connection failure.
As we know, these devices had started receiving the OxygenOS 11 update a few months ago. The Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 comes with a renewed user interface and several new features including an Ambient Display, a new Zen Mode, an improved Dark Mode, enhanced Fnatic gaming mode, better privacy controls, and more.
- Newly added keyboard height adjustment where you can raise or hide the bottom shortcut bar for a better input experience (Go to Settings-System-Language & input-Keyboard height adjustment)
- Fixed the issue of a small probability that the alarm clock starts abnormally
- Fixed the failure to enable auto rotate feature
- Fixed a small probability issue that photos don’t display in the Gallery
- Fixed the small probability issue that no pop-up window shows up when connecting Bluetooth headset
- Fixed the issue that the WiFi connection failed in a specific situation
- OnePlus Store (IN only)
- An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)
How to check for the latest software update on your OnePlus 8T:
- Open device Settings
- Tap on System
- Open System settings
- Click on Download and install now.