UPDATE 10: September 14 (04:55 ET) – August 2022 security patch
OnePlus 9R is now getting the August 2022 security patch with software version C.35. Check the complete changelog below.
• Improves system stability for some scenarios.
• Integrates the August 2022 Android security patch to enhance system security.
• Improves the stability of mobile network connections.
UPDATE 9: June 20 (00:20 ET) – OnePlus 9R gets OxygenOS 12 C.21 update with some bug fixes
OnePlus started rolling out a new update for the OnePlus 9R smartphone. The brand has released the OxygenOS 12 C.21 update for the OnePlus 9R in the Indian markets, and the update fixes system and camera bugs and several issues. This update fixes the issue that some gesture operations worked abnormally after enabling the Quick launch and improved all-over system stability.
- OnePlus 9R – IN: LE2101_11.C.21
- [Improved] system stability
- [Fixed] the issue that screen kept on abnormally in certain scenarios after locking
- [Fixed] the issue that some gesture operations worked abnormally after enabling the Quick launch
- [Fixed] the issue of crash when opening Ultra Steady in certain scenarios
UPDATE 8: May 30 (23:37 ET) – OnePlus 9R May 2022 security update
OnePlus has started rolling out the latest May 2022 Android security patch for OnePlus 9R smartphone users for better system security and stability. This update is currently being rolled out in India. This update fixes dozens of security and privacy vulnerabilities and makes your device more secure.
- [Improved] system stability
- [Updated] Android security patch to 2022.05
- Full OTA
- Incremental from C.17
Update 7, May 12 (11:50 ET) ― OxygenOS 12 update with new changelog
OxygenOS 12 C.17
OnePlus 9R is getting a new software update with OxygenOS 12 C.17 version. It optimized the stability of sending and receiving messages. The size of this update is around 70MB.
Update 6, April 26 (08:01 ET) ― OxygenOS 12 new update
Update 5, April 14 (21:35 ET) ― OxygenOS update
Update 4, April 14 (21:35 ET) ― OxygenOS update
Update 3, March 19 (21:35 ET) ― OxygenOS 12 update
Update 2, February 22 (15:29 ET) ― Open beta 1 information
Update 1, November 12 (10:44 ET) ― Closed beta information
ORIGINAL ARTICLE: NOVEMBER 05
After the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta update for the OnePlus 9 devices, the company has now announced the Android 12 closed beta program for the OnePlus 9R. OnePlus is currently looking for OnePlus 9R users to experience OxygenOS 12 before anyone else.
What is a Closed Beta Program?
The Closed Beta Program offers us an opportunity to listen to your feedback and refine or revise our product strategy based on it. To let all 9R users use OOS12 stable MP (official) builds as soon as possible, we adopted a new CBT strategy. Different from the previous long-term CBT, it will be a short-term Closed Beta Project, focused on improving the upcoming major release.
The Closed Beta Group is the closest group to OnePlus staff. This group is made up of an elite crew of OnePlus community members. This group requires absolute secrecy. If someone exposes the unstable CBT package, and others download it out of curiosity, it may cause serious malfunctions of their OnePlus phones. Therefore, we ask our participants not to secretly share the CBT installation package or any content related to the internal beta with people outside the project team. You are required to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) with OnePlus to be a member of this program.
For this round, we will invite 150 people to attend this Closed Beta Program who accord with our requirements. We will prepare some gifts for the chosen users who participate into the CBT with excellent performances. Also worth noticing, this program will sometimes require flashing builds that require a clean flash, which means it will cause data loss. So it is highly recommended that you remember to save all your data all the time.
In order to be eligible, you need to meet the requirements below:
- You are using a OnePlus 9R device
- You are an active OnePlus Community member
- You are willing to regularly communicate and provide feedback to the OnePlus team on Telegram
- The CBT version is not the official version, which is still in developing and testing. After updating to CBT version, please be patient and tolerate its instability and accept all risks which might be caused by it
Meet these requirements? See yourself as a potential Closed Beta Tester? Go ahead – Apply here right away.