According to a new post in the OnePlus forums, the company has now revealed that during the past 8 weeks, it has received over 5,000 brilliant ideas and 25k likes, with over 2,000 comments exchanged.
With the official confirmation, the company has now ended the IDEAS program. The company said the IDEAS will be under renovation for the next months.
From the submitted features suggestions, OnePlus adopted 5 new features that will be added to the next version of OxygenOS.
Join our OnePlus channel on Telegram:
- Always on Display – development to be finished around June, CBT/OBT coming in Aug/Sep [subject to changes, there are various factors working]
- Enable fingerprint lock for hidden pictures in gallery – included in the roadmap
- Play sound when the battery is fully charged – included in the roadmap
- Folders within the app drawer -included in the roadmap
Adding more essential features to Zen Mode – included in the roadmap Note: OnePlus will invite users who won Adopted Ideas award to join in the co-creation process with its product team from developing on the idea to locking down detailed requirements, from prototype to verification.
- Edge notification light
- OnePlus Dex
- Call recording
- Google message for the stock SMS/RCS app
- Study mode
- API support for Gcam
- Improve the adaptive brightness
- Custom fingerprint animations
- Real-time weather wallpaper
- Real One Hand Mode
- AMOLED dark
- Boost capabilities of the alert slider
- An option to set battery charging limit to 80%
- Variable charging speed
- Allow users to choose which stock apps to install during set-up
Note: OnePlus hasn’t shared any release timeline for these features, but you can expect more details in the future.
Here are a few reasons to reject some of the above features. OnePlus rejects the Dex feature because the company thinks “our fans use a smartphone in tandem with a computer, they mainly focus on three things: file transfer, notifications, and controlling the phone via the PC.”
For call recording feature: “The call recorder feature is available in India and China as of today. We have also added support for four more countries since last year, namely, UK, France, Bangladesh, and the Netherlands for OnePlus 6/6T, OnePlus 7/7 Pro, and OnePlus 7T/7T Pro on our Open Beta builds.”
You can also read the rejection reason for any specific feature by tapping on the link above.